lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2015, 01:09 AM   #1
JHDANI
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Angry RXV Re-manned Controller did'nt fix the problem

Before Christmas I decided to install a LED State of Charge meter on my '08 EZGO RXV. I used my test light to check the battery positive at the ignition switch (not sure why...) and it lit up my test light like a welding arc and blew it. 48 volts is hot! Needless to say batteries were not disconnected. Went to load cart after the job was done and nothing. All the sounds were right but no movement. I took it to the shop and all codes indicated a bad controller. A re-manned controller seemed to be my best option. After re-manned controller was installed, nothing. Codes were crazy and EZGO Techs didn't have an answer. The controller was sent back to factory where diagnostics determined controller was good. The shop even put my controller on another functional RXV and it worked. A month passed and a $1000 later and I have a cart that won't run. The shop said they could keep digging or I could come get it and try to figure it out myself...now I have a nonfunctional RXV sitting in my garage. Any thoughts?
JHDANI is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2015, 01:46 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: RXV Re-manned Controller did'nt fix the problem

Never heard of a "reman" rxv controller, (and wouldnt trust one either). What does the oem scanner show, if anyhting? Who claims to rebuild rxv danaher controllers? Do you have any corrosion anywhere? (heck no!, not me). I have seen bad harnesses from corrosion. Also, unplug dc/dc convertor (if you have one) and try it.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:34 AM   #3
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

HI ...
RXV Tech here.

Ditto CG.

All you folks thinking of messing with RXV wire harness PLEASE DONT..
I DO NOT NEED THE WORK THAT BADLY...

Could have fried any one of a number of sending units for brake,throttle or speed. Possibly the charge receptacle

To help you,
Need to know more about codes shown. Pay close attention to current not stored codes.

So far all RXV's were repairable... only 1 needed a new controller (similar situation.. wiring accessory to key).

Shop I work for is in Atlanta area, a bit far from Tifton, but I have fixed several head scratchers.

If you travel this way.....
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 11:14 PM   #4
JHDANI
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the replies guys. HiTechRedNeck I will try to get some answers to those questions, but I'm seriously considering making a trip to the ATL with cart in tow and pay you a visit if you're willing to give it a look. Once again, thanks for the replies.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:29 AM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

If your controller worked in another cart then you have to find out what else is wrong with your cart. It's probably a fuse or something simple. Other than the controller, there isn't anything expensive that you would have damaged by your Booboo.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:01 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Do these tests one at a time then test for operation. First, disconnect battery pack, remove small black wire at main negative wire at controller, reconnect big wire and battery pack connection, test for operation (this would indicate a failed resistor control module). Second, if dc/dc convertor is present (next to left-most battery under drivers portion of seat), try unplugging its 5-wire plug. If one test gets no results, put it back how it was before proceeding to next, we dont need 20 unknown wires floating around. These are kind of "grasping at straws", but straws are all i got if the controller tested good.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 07:25 PM   #7
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Please get error codes if you can.

Follow cgtech instructions to check resister module.
Resister module throws crazy codes.

"All sounds were right but no movement"..

With hand held plugged in..
should be able to see more about status....
brake and throttle outputs & charger plugged in are all factors affecting cart movement.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:53 PM   #8
JHDANI
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I need to get in touch with you HiTechRedNeck. Tell me what to do to make this happen. Thanks, Jay.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:45 AM   #9
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Did you find out what codes came up?

I still think it is brake module or a sending unit if controller works in a different cart.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:05 AM   #10
mikec557
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHDANI View Post
I need to get in touch with you HiTechRedNeck. Tell me what to do to make this happen. Thanks, Jay.
Not that I'm dying to connect anything to the ignition wire.. but did this ever get resolved?

Signed
Inquiring Minds Want to Know
(MikeC557)
mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO