lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2015, 09:06 AM   #1
monte5211
Not Yet Wild

Default alltrax dcx 300 resistor and diode question

I just installed new Altrax dcx300 DCS controller in my 1999 EZ GO. The controllers green LED does not come on. Cart shows no power at SOC charge lights on dash. No beep when I switch from run to tow or from tow to run. I did not switch out the resistors and diodes that were stock and hang under the solenoid. Do I need to go to a single 250ohm resister between large posts and go to a single diode between the small posts? I have all new 4 ga wires, new solenoid, and new controller and now it is no go on anything. At least with my old controller my dash lit up and I would get reverse buzzer to work.
monte5211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2015, 09:10 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: alltrax dcx 300 resistor and diode question

You do need to replace the resistor/diode board with a new single R&D of the correct size for your operating voltage. Use 250Ω for 36v and 1-3 amp diode.
For now - remove the resistor board and see if the solenoid clicks & the controller powers up.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:42 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

As Scotty mentioned get rid of the Resistor/Diode board and install a separate resistor and diode as shown on attached schematic.

-------------
With Run/Tow in Run, F/R in F and keyswitch ON, you should have pack voltage on Pins 6, 9 & 10, and the LED on the controller ought to illuminate.

If any of the three pins mention above is missing the voltage, trace the line back to the voltage source to find the problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCX in DCS.jpg (268.0 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 04:29 PM   #4
monte5211
Not Yet Wild

thanks guys. Called alltrax and they helped also. Charger interlock magically gave out. I will order the resister and diode. He also said to consider 200 amp solenoid in the near future. thanks again!!
Old 05-27-2015, 05:44 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

A short in the resistor board diodes could cause the reed switch to blow, did he tell you that you can by pass this feature - like Ezgo did a few years later in production?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 02:51 PM   #6
monte5211
Not Yet Wild

He didn't mention the reed switch or possible short in the board.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO