lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2015, 09:17 PM   #1
behindredeyes
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2001 txt with new batteries. Dies and beeps

Hi All. I am new to this forum and the carting world. I bought a used 2001 ezgo txt with F/R switch on dash last year that wasn't running and needed new batteries. So I installed all new Trojan batteries and replaced the cables. They're fully charged as I checked them using a multi-meter. Anyway the first (and only) ride I went down the road for about 1 min. and it just died and beeped about 4-6 times. I wasn't expecting this so I turned the key off and on again and just drove it home and parked it. Any help on what I should be checking/testing would be great. Thanks
behindredeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2015, 06:44 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2001 txt with new batteries. Dies and beeps

2001 should be a PDS cart so put it in diag mode and listen for the beeps. Turn key off, flip fnr from n to r 5 times returning to n. That will give you 1 to 4 beeps telling you what mode it is in. Now drive it and listen then report back.. But from what you describe it may be the speed sensor..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:30 AM   #3
behindredeyes
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes it is a PDS cart. Thanks, I will try this and report back my findings
Old 05-29-2015, 06:05 AM   #4
behindredeyes
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So last night I cycled between N&R 5 times. Heard one beep, then took it for a ride. After riding for at least 10min at varying speeds it didn't beep again. It ran fine the whole time. Not sure what happened the night before when it just died, seems fine now.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:43 AM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Until you flip it to tow and back to run it will stay in diag mode which is okay. In the mean time check your wiring around the back passenger side battery. Bad spot for wires to get chaffed
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 07:22 AM   #6
behindredeyes
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok I didn't know that. I will flip it to tow and then back again and see how it runs after that. And the cables are all new so that shouldn't be the problem. One thing I did notice is that I didn't have my cables stacked properly on one of the batteries. I had the cable that goes to the charging plug on the bottom instead of the cable that goes to the PDS box (not sure what its called) so I reversed them and now the charging cable is on top. Not sure if that caused the issue or not. Thanks for your help
Old 05-29-2015, 09:48 AM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

There are "wires" and "cables". Either set can cause problems, but if it ran OK, you're probably fine, wire/cable wise.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO