lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2016, 01:38 AM   #31
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: New cart.

yep, they work but dont work well enough to suit your needs. you are on the right track for your desires... get new batteries, break them in correctly (short trips at first, & charge them often). you will be pleasntly surprised with the performance & range gains afforded by good batteries. dont "short-change" your investment, buy the best AH batteries you can get, get max life by spending your money on good batteries of a rate of 225ah or higher. dont cheap out unless you plan on "flipping it" and passing so-so setup on "the next guy"...
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2016, 06:16 AM   #32
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I put like 3 or 4 pieces of electrical tape over buzzer. Still too loud for my likeing. Maybe I will stuff a cotton ball or hunk of fiberglass insulation in the hole then tape?

And after like 8 hours rest batteries still said 37.5v or 80% after the second charge cycle.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:17 AM   #33
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
yep, they work but dont work well enough to suit your needs. you are on the right track for your desires... get new batteries, break them in correctly (short trips at first, & charge them often). you will be pleasntly surprised with the performance & range gains afforded by good batteries. dont "short-change" your investment, buy the best AH batteries you can get, get max life by spending your money on good batteries of a rate of 225ah or higher. dont cheap out unless you plan on "flipping it" and passing so-so setup on "the next guy"...
I'm gonna put some excide higher amphour batteries in it.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:51 AM   #34
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You will be happy having new and higher amp hour batteries!
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:48 PM   #35
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

How fast is a stock series cart running on 18" links tires suppose to go.?

I have very slight hills here. Not much. I am slowing to 12 at the very top of the steepest tiny one and everywhere else at 14/15 and many times I am 16to18mph down the largest which is not large hill I hit 24mph. But I'd say the average not counting tat fast down hill was 16+ mpg and that's with these batteries. They said 37.6 when I got home but I have already put the miles I did yesterday on them and there stronger than they were.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:30 PM   #36
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That is faster than my series cart. Mine is 13-15 tops. With 22" tires.
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:55 PM   #37
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

That's what I thought. That it was suppose to run 14/15

On the flat eat ground I have it was just a but higher than that. Maybe the gps was lieing?
Old 05-12-2016, 06:34 AM   #38
270Handiman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Before my tear down, mine never once broke 13 mph
270Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:10 AM   #39
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

That's so weird , how can there be that much difference? Call mine 15.5mph and yours 13 ...I'm not going to do the math out but I think that's like 17% difference?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO