lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2016, 01:00 PM   #1
TOBTEK
Not Yet Wild

Question No foward or reverse ??

Hi. Think I have a 2001 TXT PDS? Not sure though. The Vin number is C102 1466647.
When I first bought and built the cart it had all the OEM drive components. Bumped into another cart that was forsale with the Altrax controller 48v system and Disc brake kit. So I bought it and swapped everything I could. With the 400amp controller with stock size tires it moved pretty good even with a stock motor. Then the forward and reverse issue started acting up. At first if you flicked the F/R switch it would eventually work. Bought and replaced the switch, worked great the first time. Went to use it a few days later, same intermittent issue. Surfed on here and found the info on the reed switch. Opened and cleaned up everything in there. ( seems I don't have a Reed switch though?? And no 14g white wire ) Put it together, and seemed to fix it. Well until me and my wife were a few miles from home. Stopped again on a late night cruise. Messed with it for about half an hour. Started working again. ?? All the while the solenoid is clicking every time the F/R switch is used. I'm not sure if the previous owner of the parts I used off the other cart did a HD solenoid? Posting pics of my bits.

Any advice is really appreciated 👍 Thank you.

Here are some pics of what I have going On.

[IMG][/IMG]
Dig the cart, did custom paint, custom seats. Under carriage Led lighting, made a dropped headlinner with fiber optic Galaxy sky. Front disc brakes. With the 400amp controller its half way quick. I'd like more though 😱

[IMG]

[/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Thank you in advance with any advice to making this reliable again 👍
TOBTEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2016, 09:15 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: No foward or reverse ??

You have a 2002 TXT PDS according to the serial number: https://shop.ezgo.com/customer-servi...ialNumber.html

The reed switch has been bypassed. It looks like the brass terminals (radsoks) in the charge receptacle need to be replaced, but they have nothing to do with the intermittent problem you are having.

If the LED on the controller is green when the cart won't move F or R, the most likely suspect is the pedal switch, but you said the solenoid was clicking when the F/R switch was used, so the question becomes, does it click when the pedal is pushed.

Some DCX controllers energized to solenoid for a few moments every time the F/R switch was moved from N to F or R, which can mask it not clicking when the pedal is pushed.

With keyswitch on, select either F or R and the LED on the controller should flash green four times (Meaning it is programmed for an ITS throttle type) and then go to a steady green. The solenoid may or may not click when controller powers up, either is normal. Wait about a minute (or until you hear the solenoid drop out), then push the pedal and the solenoid ought to click, if the pedal switch is working.

Attached is a schematic of a DCX in a PDS cart with the pedal switch circuit highlighted.
Basically, if the controller powers up (LED turns steady green), everything except the pedal switch (and connecting wires) is eliminated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCX in PDS - Pedal Switch traced.jpg (330.1 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 09:28 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

As for performance:
What is you tire height?
Stock height is 18" and the tires in the picture look taller than that.

With a stock motor and stock height tires and 48V with a DCX controller, you may have the capability of over-revving the motor.
Cart speed on level ground at 6500 RPM is 28.0 MPH and you can do that with a 42V battery pack.

Theoretically, you can get about 32 MPH at 48V with 18" tires, which is about 7450 RPM.

--------
Also, what motor was in the donor cart?
If it was something other than a stock PDS motor, you may have the wrong field map loaded in the DCX controller.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:13 PM   #4
TOBTEK
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for your input. When depressing the pedal there isn't a clicking. That maybe the problem.
Old 06-05-2016, 04:32 AM   #5
TOBTEK
Not Yet Wild

JohnnieB...... Thank you for your advice. You nailed it. Went to our local Ezgo dealer. Bought a new micro switch for the pedal, it's working great again. :)

Love a 5.00 fix.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:28 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Thanks for posting the feedback.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO