lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2016, 11:13 AM   #1
Isaac-1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Need an RXV low amp charger

I bought a used RXV a few weeks ago, and it came with a Delta-Q QuiQ charger wich is all good, except for one minor problem the electrical outlet next to where the RXV gets parked is shared with several other things and connecting the Delta-Q charger there results in tripped breaker after 10-20 minutes. I do have an outlet on the other side of the garage that is on a separate breaker and I have the Delta-Q charger set up there, however this space does block one of the cars in the garage, not a big deal for a few hours once per week or so for charging, but not good for a daily parking spot. So I would like to get a smaller maintainer / charger to plug in by the RXV's (smaller) parking space that will not trip the breaker.

Any suggestions? Can one be connected to the RXV charge port which I have read supports temperature compensation, or do they all need to be hard wired to the batteries?

thanks Ike
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2016, 11:32 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Need an RXV low amp charger

The charger if equipped can handle temperature compensation but the outlet just has the plugs.. You can buy a charger plug but they are not real cheap. For now an extension cord with enough capacity could be used. Or do you have garage door openers ? That outlet may be a different circuit..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 11:48 AM   #3
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Extension cord? Your cars will drive over it park it where you want. I know my DPI lists extention cord lengths and gauges.

Or just wire up a new outlet if you want. If it bothered me I would just pull new wire install new dedicated 20A breaker and put a pkug where I wanted it.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 12:19 PM   #4
Isaac-1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

A new outlet is probably in the future, but with this particular situaiton will be a fairly big deal, likely involving adding a subpanel, etc. as this is a semi-detached garage with no subpanel just 2 20 amp circuits ran from a panel in the house. For some unknown reason whoever wired this garage 30 years ago put one outlet and the 6 dual bulb garage lights on one breaker by itself and all the other outlets in the garage as well as the attached storage rooms and their associated light fixtures on a single 20 amp breaker (that is a total of 6 light bulbs and 9 outlets on one breaker). Extension cord is also not a viable option given the location.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 12:41 PM   #5
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I live in a house that was originally built in like 1949. Had 2 editions and been rewired to modern Romex and panel. But kept I guess some of the original circuits. Nothing surprises me. My porch light is on a random circuit Some rooms have outlets on at least 2 breakers. AND I swear the few times I have tried to find The breaker that the outlet in the laundry room are on I never did. I gave up. I am not even sure why I was trying to figure out what breaker it was on? I joke that it's direct wired to the metwr!! Haha
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 07:04 AM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Inherited wiring jobs are always fun. I am currently wiring my storage building with 10-3 and will have a sub panel in it because I know I will be charging 2 carts at a time and there is already another circuit in there that I can use also. As for the extension cord, you can't run one from the other circuit in the garage?

And ccg, Home Depot sells a circuit breaker finder for like $20 if you really want to find out. Wall wart plugs into the wall and you have a probe to scan the breakers to find which one.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO