lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2016, 05:20 AM   #1
bowtieracin
Gone Wild

Default Factory Freedom lights

Quick question the factory lights on an electric freedom are they 12 volt and run thru a convertor or what? Thanks for the help
bowtieracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2016, 06:35 AM   #2
Technoredneck
Not Yet Wild

I don't have the Freedom, but on my Marathon the power leads for the lights span 2 batteries

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Technoredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 07:25 AM   #3
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Factory Freedom lights

I have a 1996 TXT Freedom and there running off 2 batteries. This is from the factory. They have a buss bar that has a few fuses in it. Runs the horn and lights.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 10:03 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Factory Freedom lights

The factory lights will be 12 volt but whether they use 2 6 volt batteries or they use a converter depends on which light kit was used. If it was done at the factory they normally installed the converter in the empty space on the driver's side next to the batteries. Will be about 6 inches long and 3 inches wide and will be finned. If you don't see that it is probably getting its 12 volts + from a green wire attached to the back center battery + post and - from the back passenger battery - post.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO