lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2016, 04:41 PM   #1
LSU MykuL
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default >1 mph F or R - Fully Charged Help

This is my first post, so please be gentle. I've seen lots of great information but not quite my situation. Please help, if you can.

My 2009 EZGO RXV 48v was running fine while i upgraded the entire cart(14" wheels, 23" tires, 6" A-Arm lift, custom paint-white base coat/chameleon pearl, etc.). I was moving the cart to work on some other items when it all the sudden "died", or appeared to die. I pushed it to its resting location and charged it. Once the charger stated fully charged, i unplugged, put it back into "run" mode and here is the problem. Now the cart will only run at >1mph in forward or reverse. I've removed the parking brake, troubleshot the voltage, ensured all connections are solid and cleaned terminals, and don't know where to go next. The local cart repair shop mentioned to test it via disengaging the motor brake...can anyone help me understand how to properly do this without causing more issues?

The cart has June of 2012 Trojan 1275 batteries that all appear to be holding a charge even when in motion at 1mph. I also fully charged each battery individually, then plugged cart charger in verify and top off. Still no luck. Anyone have any advice on what to do next, im contemplating having diagnostics ran on the cart tomorrow but would like to try any suggestions before i do so. Thank you kindly.
LSU MykuL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2016, 09:26 AM   #2
teamscion2004@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: >1 mph F or R - Fully Charged Help

Temp sensor in the motor
teamscion2004@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 09:32 AM   #3
mutley
Not Yet Wild

It may be in limp home mode. I believe you can run basic diagnostics on the controller by following the instructions printed on it. Similar to this.
mutley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 01:06 PM   #4
teamscion2004@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Temp sensor........
Old 10-17-2016, 09:42 AM   #5
LSU MykuL
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I didnt notice these responses until after i took it to the golf cart repair shop, but my cart didnt have the diagnostics printed on it anymore. I plan to do the repairs myself...assuming they are possible to do so, but wanted them to diagnose for $50. I should hear back within the next few days with the results. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:21 AM   #6
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

2009 could be a bad encoder bearing (speed sensor), bad motor brake, or possibly a temp sensor..... My bet would be an encoder bearing bad......

Mutley, for future reference, the RXV does not have a diagnostic self test like the one you posted. For the RXV you have to actually plug in a handheld diagnostic tool. In 2009, they ran a Danher controller unless it has been upgraded to the Curtis controller.

If the repair shop is only charging $50, that is a good price for them to diagnose the issue. I am kind of shocked that they didn't just plug into it right away when you took it in as they could have made a quick $50 without the cart ever leaving the trailer......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:53 AM   #7
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Maybe it's the custom paint?
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 01:09 PM   #8
LSU MykuL
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Rabbit, thanks...they attempted to plug it in but it would only pull old codes the guy was saying. He acted like it should be pulling active codes...not sure how the tool works.

I felt better leaving it for their lead tech to put his hands on it this week. I hope they know what they are doing
Old 10-17-2016, 02:16 PM   #9
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

yeah, I can see that happening. I usually plug in while it is on the trailer and then drive the cart into the shop in those situations. Mainly in the hopes that actually driving it will generate the code.

With it being an 09 and not having the code present, I am willing to lay odds on a bad Encoder Bearing. I have seen it way too many times in the past.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:13 PM   #10
teamscion2004@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

If the cart is running 1 MPH FnR It is the TEMP SENSOR which is inside the encoder bearing.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO