lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2016, 09:16 PM   #11
darlingtontrio
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Brake light switch

Thanks everyone. I think I may figure out about drilling a hole in the pedal and mounting it that way. The switch looks just like the one in Crash Test Dummy's photo.
darlingtontrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2016, 07:19 AM   #12
timmyjane
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
thats what the timer is for
I didnt buy a kit. Bought a switch and then a universal column mount turn signal switch from ebay. Didnt even know about a timer. I suppose it worked out best b/c I like having the relay in the 12v system so the key turns off all the accessories (radio, lights, and brakes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlingtontrio View Post
Thanks everyone. I think I may figure out about drilling a hole in the pedal and mounting it that way. The switch looks just like the one in Crash Test Dummy's photo.
The switch that goes in the brake pedals is specifically made to drill in to the brake pedal. The one you have goes like the photo shows. Installing it below looks a lot better too.
timmyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 07:32 PM   #13
darlingtontrio
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I ended up drilling a hole in the bottom right corner of the brake pedal and mounting the button on the backside so it sticks through the front. Now I just need to tap the button and the brakes will be on. I was trying to figure out how to mount it underneath out of site but then when its in park, the lights would be on so went with through the pedal. If I ever decide to install new pedals maybe I will mount it different.
darlingtontrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO