lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2016, 08:13 AM   #11
MikeF0209
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2013 lifted or not?

I can't seem to find just the lift blocks sold seperately. Do you guys know where? I would rather not have to buy an entire lift kit for just the rear lifts

Thanks
MikeF0209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2016, 08:20 AM   #12
mutley
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF0209 View Post
Yea I see that, why would they mount the leaf springs above the rear axle? I'm pretty sure that's not even safe.

It should look like this correct?
Also, mine does not have a shock absorber? Is this common?

Thanks
Absolutely you need a shock, no it's not common to not have them. Problem with mounting the axle under the spring on your cart is your spring perch is welded to the bottom of the axle. So you should either get new spring perch welded to the top, or use some form of blocks that as designed to move the spring perch mounting to the top. Personally I wouldn't just flip the spring to the top without doing one of the above.

Also, when/if you do, do that, you'll need to put the original shackles back on, or re-drill the ones you have to move the spring mount to a better location.
mutley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 08:44 AM   #13
MikeF0209
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutley View Post
Absolutely you need a shock, no it's not common to not have them. Problem with mounting the axle under the spring on your cart is your spring perch is welded to the bottom of the axle. So you should either get new spring perch welded to the top, or use some form of blocks that as designed to move the spring perch mounting to the top. Personally I wouldn't just flip the spring to the top without doing one of the above.

Also, when/if you do, do that, you'll need to put the original shackles back on, or re-drill the ones you have to move the spring mount to a better location.
I see that welded. So a simple lift rear block lift won't work. I would need a new axle where the perch is not welded to it right?
Old 11-03-2016, 08:44 AM   #14
mutley
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I can't seem to find just the lift blocks sold seperately. Do you guys know where? I would rather not have to buy an entire lift kit for just the rear lifts

Thanks
It's hard to tell since the pic's are so dark, but your front spindle drop looks like a bit of a hack job. You may be better off getting a complete front & rear lift kit and replacing it all.
Something like this. (Personally I think front drop axle kits are better than drop spindle kits, but there are plenty of others who disagree)
http://www. ......................co...0015-up)/18143

This is a drop spindle kit if you prefer to go that route.
http://www. ...........................20015-up)/6208

Remember, if getting a kit your current spindles are "suspect" (My opinion/guess only from a bad picture), so they should not be re-used and you need a kit that included spindles.

If you just want the blocks, my quick google search turned up nothing. So you may have to contact a helpful distributor and ask them to contact their manufacturers and see if they can supply just the blocks for your cart.
diygolfcart.com are helpful, but I'm sure plenty of others are as well.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:49 AM   #15
mutley
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I see that welded. So a simple lift rear block lift won't work. I would need a new axle where the perch is not welded to it right?
No, not a new axle. I think you can get blocks that will go round the axle and actually mount to your existing perch. That kind would work. BUT a simple lift block similar to the type you would use on a truck that fit in-between axle and leaf would not work.

If you look closely at the picture you posted, you can see the perch on that axle is the same as yours. The lift blocks wrap round the axle completely and hit that perch, making the top mounting in the same plane as the welded perch. This is the kind you want to get.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:59 AM   #16
MikeF0209
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutley View Post
It's hard to tell since the pic's are so dark, but your front spindle drop looks like a bit of a hack job. You may be better off getting a complete front & rear lift kit and replacing it all.
Something like this. (Personally I think front drop axle kits are better than drop spindle kits, but there are plenty of others who disagree)
http://www. ......................co...0015-up)/18143

This is a drop spindle kit if you prefer to go that route.
http://www. ...........................20015-up)/6208

Remember, if getting a kit your current spindles are "suspect" (My opinion/guess only from a bad picture), so they should not be re-used and you need a kit that included spindles.

If you just want the blocks, my quick google search turned up nothing. So you may have to contact a helpful distributor and ask them to contact their manufacturers and see if they can supply just the blocks for your cart.
diygolfcart.com are helpful, but I'm sure plenty of others are as well.
Awesome, thanks so much for your responses. I was thinking the same thing since it seems like a bit of a rig and its missing the shocks I would prob take it to a shop so that they can install an entire new lift. Question now is whether to get 4" or 6". I got small kids so probably will go with 4-5"

I searched in google as well and nothing turned up.

Thanks again
Old 11-03-2016, 09:10 AM   #17
rib33024

More than likely there is no shocks on your cart because,. When they put those long shackle on the cart, the shocks were to short to reach the spring and frame mounts
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 09:17 AM   #18
mike484
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:

Thanks
Just remember, shocks are not the problem with the sagging and will not help with lift. They may help a little, but shocks are there for the bounce, without them, when the cart hits a bump and begins to bounce, there is nothing there to stop the bounce. The lack of shocks also affects the turning as the cart will lean much more left and right in turns as the weight is transfered to one side in a turn and may continue to rock back and forth somewhat after the turn.

Once you install the shocks, you will see a very noticable difference and will wonder why anyone would remove them.
mike484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 10:52 AM   #19
MikeF0209
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks all, yea I definitely see the need for shocks and makes sense with those long shackles why the absorber wouldn't reach.

I will probably get a 5" drop lift kit for front and rear and change the suspension completely including adding shocks and regular standard 3.5" shackles and do this right. I ride with my wife and kids all over the place and want to make sure they are safe and it looks good too :)

Thank you, I'll post updated pics and progress here
Old 11-03-2016, 11:38 AM   #20
spotco2
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Yea I see that, why would they mount the leaf springs above the rear axle? I'm pretty sure that's not even safe.

It should look like this correct?

Thanks

DANG! That's a super duper uber long set of shackles!

You can easily make factory size by just cutting those down to match the ones on the front of the spring and drill a new bottom hole.

Flipping the axle is easy. Tons of YouTube videos on it. Easily done with basic hand tools and a jack.

Autozone normally stocks 2"blocks if you need them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
spotco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO