lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2016, 04:28 PM   #1
Olif C
Not Yet Wild

Default Golf cart won't charge

So I have a golf cart that I bought to work on, but haven't messed with it for about 1-2 year(s), so I decided to work on it today, and I'm not sure what the problem is, but I figured I'd start with charging it first, so i plugged in the charger, then into the golf cart, and turned the time switch, but no power, the amp gauge is showing nothing. any ideas? I'm super new to this, and haven't worked with golf carts before, so any help is appreciated.
Olif C is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2016, 05:24 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Golf cart won't charge

cart chargers need a minimum volts to turn on
2 years not charging ?? time to get new batteries
Old 11-04-2016, 05:26 PM   #3
Olif C
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I was hoping I wouldn't have to, since they were new but it never ran.
Old 11-04-2016, 05:30 PM   #4
crash test dummy

Old 11-04-2016, 05:32 PM   #5
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Pretty much a newbie here myself but I'll try and save the knowledgeable guys a little effort. They're going to want to know a few things about the cart so they're best able to help you. What year, brand, voltage, and type of drive system. Should probably mention if it is stock, as far as you know, as well and how old the batteries are. There is a "sticky" at the top of this forum to help you identify the drive system. If you can find the plate with the serial number (passenger side glove box on my 2001) you can look that up on the Internet and get year/model.

Someone who knows what's up will respond soon but I believe I've read that most chargers won't kick on unless the batteries are at a minimum voltage. If I'm correct, you're going to have to put them on a regular 12v charger in pairs to get enough voltage in them for the cart charger to kick on. Don't quote me on that one though, wait for one of the gurus.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 05:37 PM   #6
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeman6 View Post
Pretty much a newbie here myself but I'll try and save the knowledgeable guys a little effort. They're going to want to know a few things about the cart so they're best able to help you. What year, brand, voltage, and type of drive system. Should probably mention if it is stock, as far as you know, as well and how old the batteries are. There is a "sticky" at the top of this forum to help you identify the drive system. If you can find the plate with the serial number (passenger side glove box on my 2001) you can look that up on the Internet and get year/model.

Someone who knows what's up will respond soon but I believe I've read that most chargers won't kick on unless the batteries are at a minimum voltage. If I'm correct, you're going to have to put them on a regular 12v charger in pairs to get enough voltage in them for the cart charger to kick on. Don't quote me on that one though, wait for one of the gurus.

you did good !!
Old 11-04-2016, 05:41 PM   #7
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post

you did good !!
Apparently not that good, you're one of the guys I was trying to save the effort. Typed that out while I was uhh sitting for a minute. Obviously my phone typing skills aren't quick enough!
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 05:44 PM   #8
crash test dummy

Old 11-04-2016, 07:09 PM   #9
Olif C
Not Yet Wild

Okay, I will try to get back here tomorrow with more info, I'm not sure about anything.
Old 11-05-2016, 03:14 PM   #10
Olif C
Not Yet Wild

[QUOTE=crash test dummy;1329678][/QUOTE

Okay, so its an ez-go txt 36v, model number is 26577 GO-1. not sure what year, but if that matters i can try to find out.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO