lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2016, 02:17 PM   #1
Slimshad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default New to me RXV upgrades

I am an upgrade kind of fella. I love to make things faster sleeker and more blingyier. What are some must have upgrades I can/should do to my new RXV? I had the brush guard installed, lift and black rims with 23" tires. It is black with a black top, black seats and black wheels. I am very excited I finally bought a cart!
Slimshad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2016, 03:11 PM   #2
sltintexas
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New to me RXV upgrades

What year is it? What are you going to be using it for? Street cruising, off-roading, hauling little kids around? What kind of terrain do you have.

Motor/controller upgrades are limited on RXV. Easiest way to get some more speed is to have the controller reprogrammed. Tools do to that are not typically in the average cart users toolbox but often can be done by a cart mechanic. The ease and end result depends on what controller you have.

Things I've done to mine or more utility in nature. Windshield, backseat, head and tail lights,fenders,seat belts, mirror, grab bar for back seat. You could upgrade to lower gauge battery cables to help deliver all the power to the motor. On my to do list is possibly radio, speakers, dash upgrades, voltage meter. I'm toying with a brush guard and winch since I off-road a lot.

Post a pic!

I'd say drive it a little to see what things you think are important to help prioritize.
sltintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 03:25 PM   #3
Slimshad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Have a camp at a small lake in Western KY. Shower and Ice machine is on the "hill". I have an 8 year old and we take his friends along. I also hunt in southern IN. The farm I hunt has nice smooth trails and most are grass. I should be able to slide in with out any sound with the electric motor. These are my two main reasons for the cart. I just like things to look good and have the creature comforts that will allow me to get everything out of my new ride. Delivery will be next Wednesday. Post pic asap.
Old 11-11-2016, 05:25 PM   #4
sltintexas
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you have a back seat and you end up amping up your speed, I'd get seat belts at least in the back. I have small kids on back and going 20mph+ I like knowing they aren't going to bounce off the back. If you are off roading and if you end up flinging mud and spraying water I'd get fender flares. Check around because prices vary alot. They are good at stopping mud flinging and they look pretty cool too.
sltintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 06:07 PM   #5
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Be aware that RXV's are very sophisticated and very sensitive electrically. Speed controller controls everything and is unfriendly to tinkering. Don't mess with the key switch wiring. Disconnecting the reverse buzzer will disable the cart. If you don't understand the brake system ask about it because abuse will disable the cart.
Most accessories (bling) and hunting type stuff are available like other brands/models of carts.
RXV's come standard with limited slip differentials.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0439.jpg (595.2 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 07:25 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

If you will be using 12v stuff (lights, radio, fans) get a dc/DC convertor to step 48v down to 12v, instead of tapping power from one battery. Stealing power from one battery drains it faster, and will over time damage the battery. Try to avoid ever locking up the brakes while moving, will cause damage. What year is this Rxv? Newer ones can have reverse buzzer turned off in software for quiet hunting. Best bet is to put some fuzzy velcro over, or silicone in the buzzer to quiet it down. Like said above, whatever you do, don't start monkeying around with the cart wires without asking here first. I and others here are Ezgo certified, and more than willing to help you not blow $1200 on a new controller over a dumb mistake.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 07:49 PM   #7
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Some led lights for spotting are a lot of fun. State of charge meter. Like said previously, make sure to get your converter installed. A fuse block. Some switches, preferably lighted. Maybe a USB and cigarette lighter plug.
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 09:24 PM   #8
Slimshad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I love good forums. Thanks for the hospitality. I will definatlly do the converter.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:22 AM   #9
Slimshad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So i could put in a fuse box after a converter to add several goodies? Can I see a picture if so.
Old 11-16-2016, 12:19 PM   #10
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The converter will have it's own fuse. Often other accessories would have an in-line fuse. Some people don't mind that but others like a fuse box like this one Blue Sea Systems ST Blade . I appreciate that all the fuses are together. I mounted the fuse block, along side the converter, inside a plastic marine battery box under the seat.
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO