lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-22-2016, 01:05 PM   #1
Hw00d1
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default '88 EZGO Marathon Electric wiring

I am in the middle of redoing this '88 Marathon, previous owner had mutilated the wiring, and bypassed a lot of the MS's and such, there is no diode across the solenoid neither (supposed to be?) These picture diagrams are awful, wires lead to nowhere, hide behind something, Normally closed MS w/ 1 wire attached, etc. Is there at least a "Schematic" of the wiring for this Marathon somewhere? I do electronic designing for a Company so reading an actual schematic is not a problem. It does operate, both reverse & forward fine, but do to the "butchery" done to the original wiring, battery constantly drains + I would like to get it back to the way it is supposed to be. Have purchased new switches, solenoid, wiper contacts for the accelerator board, but am at a loss due to crappily drawn diagrams, please tell me there is a schematic for this puppy somewhere?
Thanks to all
Hw00d1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-22-2016, 01:40 PM   #2
FF Titus
Gone Wild

Default Re: '88 EZGO Marathon Electric wiring

Dealer access to info is limited, heck under electrical marathon, they have mostly gas info showing,
Capture.JPG

snapped that though for you if it helps.
FF Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 01:50 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

88 Ezgo should be about like this..... if not apply the general theory
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo Marathon coil cart.JPG (73.5 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 04:04 PM   #4
Hw00d1
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

much thanks guys, scottyb, that's the diagram i've been trying to work with, but i dont understand why the Normally Closed MS (#37) on accel board has one wire, the accel board is even non-conductive.
FF Titus, appreciate the pic, but too new, I don't have the solid state controller, i got the battery box looking one with 4 posts (guessing a high current resistor network in there?)

did find where previous owner had the solenoid (it's a 2 control post one) on backwards (explains battery drain i think), I get solenoid turning on now w/ key, but now no ezgo go motion ;) , but thinking my MS switch wiring is off a bit after re-examing scottyb's pic, I'll update tonight when dark,,....headin back to barn, daylights a wastin'
again, much thanks
Old 12-22-2016, 05:52 PM   #5
Hw00d1
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Success fella's!! well sort of, lol
I found another problem probably well related to the original problem(s), 1st of all I'm going to have to break it all down after all this and basically weld a new frame, battery compartments and accelerator assembly mount/frame for it because the rust and acid have taken its toll. The no-go problem is that the accel. board moves alot due to not much left holding it in place

So the pivot contact is eat up on one side, so it's at an angle and only making about 35-40% contact, going to have to order a new one of those and get out the welders helmet as well. I managed to makeshift a brace to test, and all's good forward and backwards.
anybody know what's the purpose of the NC microswitch on the accel board??, backup beep? I'm dont have it in circuit yet cart still functions?
is that beeper 12v?, may have fried this one if not, lol
Thanks again
Whirled Peas
~Hw00d1
Old 12-22-2016, 06:04 PM   #6
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here's another diagram. Just a different way of looking at the same thing. Sometimes helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resistor cart - Wiring Diagram.jpg (89.3 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 07:28 AM   #7
Hw00d1
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Here's another diagram. Just a different way of looking at the same thing. Sometimes helps.
much thanks kernal, truly is another way to look at it, MS3 on this one is using both NC + NO circuits on it, lol. i see "released 8/80" in the corner, so for older cart assuming?
Much thanks, adding it to collection
Old 12-23-2016, 09:01 AM   #8
FF Titus
Gone Wild

Battery racks for those are available if you want to buy them instead of building them to save time. I have a few of these in my boneyard if you need any parts.
FF Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 03:29 PM   #9
Hw00d1
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Much thanks Titus, may be sendin ya a PM shortly,
Is there any EZ way to take off the pivot contact WITHOUT disassembling the whole mechanism/rust ball??
scared something might break...lol
rode it around the back 40 today for the first time, it performed ok, battery's are weak, may have to replace a couple, going to add a battery meter later as well.

Tags
36v, electric, f-n-r gearbox, marathon, wiring diagrams
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO