lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2017, 07:47 AM   #1
capt6pak
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 20" tire, lift or no lift

looking at putting 20"dot street tires on my (2003.5 and up. Black dust covers) DS villager 6 seater. really don't want a 3 or 6" lift. will a 1" lo-pro spacer kit work? what about the rear with HD springs already on her.
what are other options for a little extra clearance with out spending 200 + bucks
capt6pak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-24-2017, 09:41 AM   #2
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 20" tire, lift or no lift

I have 20x10x8 and when I go the 2003 DS cart it would rub in the max turns.
There are 1/4 in spacers on the hubs and were needed to keep the spindle arm from touching the tire. (not lift related)

I added a 1" front lift block and a new stock spring and it looks like I have solved the issue.
I have not drove it to see but from underneath it looks good.

I replaced the rear springs with dual action HD springs and added 2" longer shackles and that looks good also.
Prior owner had a sprayer mounted to the cargo box and the rear stock springs were gone.
It looks good now for clearance but I have no pic and the body is off now for paint prep.

I would use the front block for sure. You may not need rear extended shackles.
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 12:37 PM   #3
swm63
Gone Wild

1" lift block for the front. For the rear, if you have the angled shackles, check with Dave at Revolution (Site sponsor). The CarryAll shackles that he can get you are 1" longer and look factory.

Just did this to my daughters 2008 DS, that was rubbing with 20x10x8 wheels/tires.
swm63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 07:06 AM   #4
capt6pak
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok learned a little more about my cart, apparently its a Pathway with some mods to bring it back from the NEV classification. front brakes have been removed and the cart appears to have a normal front end. maybe 19"low profile might be the trip. i ran the cart and she already does 18-19mph on 8" wheels. I'm afraid going to big might damage the motor due to possible bigger gears from the Pathway status
capt6pak is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car