lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2017, 09:32 AM   #1
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Mounting fuse box and bus bar

Now that I've finished the controller upgrade to Poopsie (90 CC DS), I'm now on to installing the voltage reducer, fuse box, and bus bar. I've already mounted the reducer. I chose to mount in the back above the motor. I installed a 2x2 piece of aluminum angle between the bolts that hold the rear of the top and back seats on. My question is where are people installing their fuse box and bus bar? I definitely want them accessible and not where I installed the reducer. Please send me your pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171120_092256_resized.jpg (276.7 KB, 0 views)
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2017, 09:57 AM   #2
Muddog
Crazy Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Mounting fuse box and bus bar

You can mount of the plate in front of batteries where vglide was mounted,but then you have to run a harness to dash for each accessory. That is easiest access point for fuse box.
I usually mount mine behind dash, then run from convertor to fusebox and buss bar.
With fuses and ground behind dash there's less wire to accessories and add ons are easier.
Muddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 01:41 PM   #3
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

I mounted my fuse block with integral ground buss in a square Tupperware sandwich container on the left side of the passenger dash cubby hole. Mounted it vertically and its easy to get to and its weather tight. Check with ScottyB, he sells the 6 fuse block assembly.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 03:00 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter450 View Post
I mounted my fuse block with integral ground buss in a square Tupperware sandwich container on the left side of the passenger dash cubby hole. Mounted it vertically and its easy to get to and its weather tight. Check with ScottyB, he sells the 6 fuse block assembly.
The Tupperware thing is a cool idea.
Our fuse panel has a clear cover. It's rated splash proof.
And you could see the burnt fuse LED alarm lighted without removing the cover, if a fuse burnt.
So any where you can see it easy enough is good.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 03:00 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter450 View Post
The Tupperware thing is a cool idea.
Our fuse panel has a clear cover. It's rated splash proof.
And you could see the burnt fuse LED alarm lighted without removing the cover, if a fuse burnt.
So any where you can see it easy enough is good.

I've seen them under the seat and in the glove box
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 05:40 PM   #6
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

i use a extra battery instead of a reducer and placed it behind the battery pack
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN7932-1.JPG (102.3 KB, 0 views)
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:08 PM   #7
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks Mudog, Hunter, and ScottyB. All good ideas (especially Tupperware). I'm exploring the dash option as it would be easier not to always have to run wires to the back.

Swan: I wish I had the room for an extra battery. I'm guessing you have an extra charger too?
Old 11-20-2017, 07:05 PM   #8
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

i made room by moving batteries around and yes i use a little battery tender to charge it

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/album.php?albumid=2817
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:27 PM   #9
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

OK. Way out of my league. Good job.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:59 AM   #10
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu1tm View Post
Thanks Mudog, Hunter, and ScottyB. All good ideas (especially Tupperware). I'm exploring the dash option as it would be easier not to always have to run wires to the back.

Swan: I wish I had the room for an extra battery. I'm guessing you have an extra charger too?
Your welcome and good luck!
I built a duck boat a few years back and did the same thing due to the wet conditions and it has worked great. For the cart all my 12 volt accessories were at the front so just a few wires from the reducer. I painted the container with Fusion flat black paint and most people don't even know its there. I took a permanent marker and labeled the circuits on the inside of the lid and taped a few extra fuses as well.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car