lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2018, 02:01 PM   #1
Flintknapper
Not Yet Wild

Default Intermittent power after repairs 2002 TXT Series

Has me stumped. In need of some 'direction'.

Quick history: Cart was inoperable, batteries were bad, F/R switch burned up, corroded leads.

I disconnected all leads, removed old batteries and tested the motor before beginning repairs.

Replaced:

Batteries (6) new Trojan T-105
Battery cables (all).
Leads to motor (new)
F/R switch (# 5070).

Issue:
Solenoid not operating consistently. Sometimes it will click (both directions) and I will have power in both forward and reverse. Other times it will click and I have no power in forward. Currently is will not click in reverse.

What I have done so far:

Adjusted F/R switch to where I feel it is making proper contact in its respective positions.

Tested battery pack voltage (38.6 to 38.7 volts).
Probed Battery + at Solenoid (38.7 volts).

Probed controller side of solenoid..got (38.5-38.6 volts).

Checked B- to M- on controller terminals have 38.6 v. (solenoid just clicking) and it drops to almost zero with full pedal application.

The solenoid looks to be the original on the unit. I noticed there seems to be a diode of some sort on it as well? Would you guys suggest replacing the solenoid and diode at this point or is there more testing to be done.

I have searched the subject but my understanding of things 'electrical' is limited at best.

Thank you in advance for any direction you can provide.

Flint.

Edit to add: Just checked ITS , have 1.635 Volts so should be within spec. Took connector apart just below controller and put dielectric grease on it. Can cut and hard wire if that is something that is advised.

Last edited by Flintknapper; 02-15-2018 at 02:56 PM.. Reason: Add info
Flintknapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2018, 10:16 PM   #2
Flintknapper
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Intermittent power after repairs 2002 TXT Series

Mystery solved:

Defective Micro Switch on brand new F&R switch assembly....! Sheeeesh!

Hours of time checking connections (deleting connections, hard wiring, bypassing reed switch, readjusting the F&R switch, checking voltages, continuity, etc...).

Swapped old Micro Switch onto new F&R assembly....bingo!
Flintknapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO