lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2018, 05:15 PM   #1
EZGO_N_TAHOE
Not Yet Wild

Default Going 48V...Need a shopping list!

Hey Guy's...

I have decided to go to 48 V for my cart. Just need some insight on what has to be swapped out. Here is what I have.. 96 EZGO TXT DCS cart with a 400amp Alltrax DCX controller and solenoid that I bought from ScottyB along with 4 G. battery cables. My cart will have a Jakes Long travel suspension with 23" tires and rear seat....I also have a brand new Admiral MOT B2 motor...my questions are:
1. Can I use this Controller or do I need a 500amp? New solenoid? New F/R switch?
2. Do I need new battery cables?
3. I know I need a new charger and 6 8V batteries, but what about my current headlights and brake lights?
4. Am I missing anything else?

Please give my your thoughts and concerns. ScottyB. can you give me part #'s because whatever I need, I am getting them from you!
Thanks Guys!
EZGO_N_TAHOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2018, 05:34 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Going 48V...Need a shopping list!

1.a. The DCX400 will very likely be sufficient because fewer amps are needed at 48V to do same amount or work.
1.b. Depends pn which solenoid you have, If you have the Super-Duty 400A continuous/1000A peak (MZJ400), it works at 36V, 42V and 48V. Otherwise, you'll need a solenoid with a 48V coil.
1.c. F/R switch in a DCS cart isn't voltage specific. so it ought to be okay.

2. 8V batteries have both terminals on same side, so the cables used with the 6V batteries in the 36V pack will be too short.

3.a. Get a DPI
3.b. Either use a DC-DC converter (Voltage Reducer) or install a separate 12V battery for the 12 accessories.

4. I'm sure you'll have more questions.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:11 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The DCX400 should handle the B2 just fine, Contact Alltrax for the field map for the DCX .
The DCS does not need a F&R upgrade. It likely needs a 48v solenoid.
And a 48v charger.
Get a MZJ400 solenoid here > http://www.cartsunlimited.net/solenoids.html
Get the Yewey 48v 20 amp charger for $229 here > http://www.cartsunlimited.net/yewy-1...t-charger.html
Get a 48v battery cable set at the bottom of the page, item #16 here > http://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-cables.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:50 PM   #4
EZGO_N_TAHOE
Not Yet Wild

ScottyB, do you recommend this charger over your DPI charger? Does this charger have a float or maintenance mode also? Also, with this battery cable set, I don't have to replace the cables to the motor or from the controller? since it only comes with 5 cables...thanks
EZGO_N_TAHOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO