lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2018, 03:55 PM   #1
MrBill1984
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 07 Club Car Precedent speed?

Hi all, I am new to the golf cart world. We are putting our camper at a seasonal campsite this year so I picked up an 07 cart with a lift, 22" tires, and the batteries are stamped 06/16. The cart was doing 9mph so I checked the speed sensor as per post on this site. Thanks! The sensor was bad. I replaced and the new one tested good and the cart went up to 14mph. How do I check to see what speed code it's programmed for? Thanks for all the info I have gained already from your posts!!
MrBill1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2018, 04:37 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 07 Club Car Precedent speed?

That is the correct for speed code 3 (or thereabouts). That is good speed unless you want SP4 which requires the specific code for your cart from CC and it being installed by someone with a hand-held device to do so, which runs $80-$100. (some people will put I high speed magnet, I do not because I like my regen braking and you lose that with the magnet upgrade). I have 22" on my IQ cart and with SP4 I get 22 mph.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 04:49 PM   #3
MrBill1984
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
That is the correct for speed code 3 (or thereabouts). That is good speed unless you want SP4 which requires the specific code for your cart from CC and it being installed by someone with a hand-held device to do so, which runs $80-$100. (some people will put I high speed magnet, I do not because I like my regen braking and you lose that with the magnet upgrade). I have 22" on my IQ cart and with SP4 I get 22 mph.
I was reading the chart for expected speeds for each code and I wasn't sure if there was a way to check code without a trip to the CC dealer. Are the code 5 programmers I see advertised legit or no good?
Old 04-18-2018, 07:08 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I know they are somewhat of a gimmick. It pretty much removes all the RPM limitations and then your stock motor will not last long at all....

Here are the codes (based on a new and fully charged pack in stock form)

1 - Commercial speed - 8.0 mph (12.9 km/h)
2 - Slow golf speed - 13.4 mph (21.6 km/h)
3 - Normal golf speed - 14.8 mph (23.8 km/h)
4 - Private speed mode - 19.6 mph (31.5 km/h)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:26 PM   #5
MrBill1984
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
I know they are somewhat of a gimmick. It pretty much removes all the RPM limitations and then your stock motor will not last long at all....

Here are the codes (based on a new and fully charged pack in stock form)

1 - Commercial speed - 8.0 mph (12.9 km/h)
2 - Slow golf speed - 13.4 mph (21.6 km/h)
3 - Normal golf speed - 14.8 mph (23.8 km/h)
4 - Private speed mode - 19.6 mph (31.5 km/h)
Gotcha. I will call the dealer to see what they can do. Thanks
Old 04-21-2018, 09:50 AM   #6
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Check out this site for speed magnets you can easily install yourself on the outside of your motor, they're around $25 and will give you speeds over Code 4.

http://revolutiongolfcars.com

TahoeDawgZ71 is a vendor here and can give you more information on it as well.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 06:18 PM   #7
MrBill1984
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
Check out this site for speed magnets you can easily install yourself on the outside of your motor, they're around $25 and will give you speeds over Code 4.

http://revolutiongolfcars.com

TahoeDawgZ71 is a vendor here and can give you more information on it as well.
Are all speed magnet created equal? The last owner said that he installed one. I don't know if one would be better that another?
Old 04-21-2018, 06:26 PM   #8
Gazoo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Stick with magnets from the vendors. There are "cheapies" out there that don't last or sometimes don't work at all. The vendors stick by their products.
Gazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 08:55 PM   #9
gtistiffler
Not Yet Wild

Magnet on my ds took speed from 14 to 15. Was expecting more. Seems people have good and bad luck with them
gtistiffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 09:48 PM   #10
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBill1984 View Post
Are all speed magnet created equal? The last owner said that he installed one. I don't know if one would be better that another?
If you truly have a speed magnet then you should be doing at least 20+ MPH. All a magnet does is fool the sensor on how many revolutions your motor is doing, which fools the controller on how fast you're going...

Just speak with TahoeDawgZ71, there are two magnets depending on what motor you have. His are around $25 and will take your cart to between 20-22 MPH for sure, maybe more. I included everything you need to have, a link to his website and his name. He IS a vendor on here and one of the most knowledgeable members as well.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car