lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2018, 04:39 PM   #1
LouisC
Getting Wild

Default Harness wire colors don't match for relay

Installing an ultimate light kit and the wire colors don't match where they are supposed to go on the relay. the blue wire is there and plugs right in. The green and white wire has a spade female that is too small for the male connection. the other two wire are anyone's guess. Is there any way to test this...couple batteries are out of the cart at the moment.20180422_171939_resized.jpg
LouisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2018, 09:57 PM   #2
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Harness wire colors don't match for relay

Use a volt meter. One of the wires should be constant 48 once the cart is on and in run with key on. The other should be 12 volts constant from the light harness. One of the wires is the 12v output to the brake switch assembly. The other is the 48v ground if I recall.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 10:18 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

LouisC. Can you post a photo of the reducer setup you have?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 04:00 AM   #4
LouisC
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
LouisC. Can you post a photo of the reducer setup you have?
I do not have a good picture of the reducer with the batteries out of the way.... I have a RedHawk volt T-2000 in the battery compartment. It has 5 wires - Yellow (to Key Switch) Red + going to Battery#1 (48v pos) Black going to Battery #6 (48v Neg) ---- a Green 12V + going to Fuse Block Main Pos. ----Black 12v - going to Fuse Block Main Neg. ---For some strange reason -- the dealer that installed this attached the 12v + and - from the reducer to the bucket harness in the battery compartment - Why, (I believe he hooked up the headlights that way - but I'm not sure) ----- I am the one who is putting in the fuse block and connecting the 12v + and - reducer wires to the mains of said fuse block. I sent a + and - wire back to the battery compartment and reattached them to the harness connections - but I am going to remove the fuse from the + wire to see if it changes anything.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:13 AM   #5
LouisC
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownblue View Post
Use a volt meter. One of the wires should be constant 48 once the cart is on and in run with key on. The other should be 12 volts constant from the light harness. One of the wires is the 12v output to the brake switch assembly. The other is the 48v ground if I recall.
I figured out that the dealer that sold me this cart uses "DoubleTake" parts or custom-inc.com parts...and after researching the website for instruction sheets on the light kits - I notice that the spade connectors are installed into the relay by size not by color...there is one common color and it was the Blue wire and it did fit where the blue wire should go - the other large spade connector only had one place to go...and the smaller spade connectors (don't know if it made any difference where they went) I just plugged them into the two remaining male connection slots.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car