lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2018, 12:51 PM   #21
DanielMv720
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Pick my speed controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The whole bigger is better thing is not always true. Today's 500 Alltrax has higher peaks and sustained out that is equal to the older 600 amp controllers.
If it's not needed - your paying for something you won't use.

That should be understood by people wanting to give advice.
I already ordered the bigger controller, As long as I go in the settings and "tune it down" I should be good right?
DanielMv720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2018, 12:55 PM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes set it to 450 max armature amperage.
Another example
There is a 300 amp SR controller on my industrial cart with a 10 hp high torque motor for about 3 years of daily work now. Works just fine.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 01:03 PM   #23
DanielMv720
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Yes set it to 450 max armature amperage.
Another example
There is a 300 amp SR controller on my industrial cart with a 10 hp high torque motor for about 3 years of daily work now. Works just fine.
Thank you Scottyb once I get it that's what ill do. I thought the recommendations made sense when I factored in the price of adding a fan to the smaller controllers it wasn't too big of a difference from the XCT48500. Next time ill wait for you to also make a recommendation before making a final decision
Old 09-01-2018, 02:05 PM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You'll be fine with what you got - my point is not every cart needs to get the biggest controller available. At some point it's like buying the ride on mower for that 30 ft strip of grass.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 02:45 PM   #25
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielMv720 View Post
Is that something I should've requested when I bought it or can I do it myself once I install It by just using the software?
A good supplier will ask you and map it appropriately. If that supplier does not and you get it without the correct map, then you only need to contact Alltrax and they will email you the one best suited for your motor and you will install it with the Alltrax Tool Kit. This will also get you even more familiar with making your own changes so down the road if you upgrade to another motor you can change the map on your own - it is really easy.

And don't let anyone make you 2nd guess your decision. That was a good decision since you mentioned a lift kit, bigger tires and adding a back set and possibly more down the road. Remember, the 500 can be turned down to 400 or 300 in a matter of minutes and with your lap top, BUT a 300 or 400 cannot be turned up beyond their rated amperage. You also gained the cooling fan with yours at a negligible cost difference so you did a good job to allow yourself more growth down the road without having to come back and replace the controller again. Now in all fairness to wants & needs, had you only wanted to replace your dying controller and was never going to go beyond stock with no other upgrades, then a 300 is a great alternative to a stock replacement and would have been a good choice. Again, the key words are "no other upgrades".
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 02:49 PM   #26
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
The whole bigger is better thing is not always true. Today's 500 Alltrax has higher peaks and sustained out that is equal to the older 600 amp controllers.
If it's not needed - your paying for something you won't use.

That should be understood by people wanting to give advice.
We do....And we take the time to read the OP's needs and help him to protect his investment, including down the road....."I know my cart will have a lift kit along with bigger tires, I am also putting in a back seat to drive my kids around the neighborhood."
Old 09-10-2018, 12:54 PM   #27
DanielMv720
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So just an update for everyone that helped. I got the controller installed and everything went great!
Old 09-10-2018, 08:00 PM   #28
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Glad you had a pain free install..... Now you are prepared for any growth down the road, too. Play with it and tune it to your custom needs. It will also be great in helping you troubleshoot any problems down the road.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:28 PM   #29
DanielMv720
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Glad you had a pain free install..... Now you are prepared for any growth down the road, too. Play with it and tune it to your custom needs. It will also be great in helping you troubleshoot any problems down the road.
Im glad it went smoothly as well, only slight hiccup was that i had to swap the F1 & F2 wires because for some reason fwd and Rvs switched. Also when i forst turned it on it would not run and i had to go into the settings and change the interlock mode to high and low. I went for a drive today and my Cart goes 30mph! Pretty fast but nowbi know for sure i have to get better tires and brakes.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:30 PM   #30
DanielMv720
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Im glad it went smoothly as well, only slight hiccup was that i had to swap the F1 & F2 wires because for some reason fwd and Rvs switched. Also when i first turned it on it would not run and i had to go into the settings and change the interlock mode to high and low. I went for a drive today and my Cart goes 30mph! Pretty fast but now I know for sure I have to get better tires and brakes.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car