lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2018, 08:42 PM   #11
Tom444
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Rapid power loss/drain

Update: I did check the water levels and swm63 was right: the lowest voltage battery was over filled.
After my last post this morning I bit the bullet and replaced the 4 older batteries and after charging the pack it is at 51.1v. Problem solved but I will keep a close eye on them from now on.
Thanks everyone for your insight and advise.
Tom444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-14-2018, 08:58 PM   #12
Tom444
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Update: swm63 was right, the lowest voltage battery was over filled. So, I bit the bullet and replaced the 4 older batteries ( the other 2 were replaced 2 to 4 weeks ago). After a full charge the pack is now at 51.1v. Problem solved but I will keep a closer eye on them from now on.

Thanks everyone one for your insight and advise.
Old 09-15-2018, 01:01 AM   #13
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
I’m still having a hard time getting over the fact that they charged you 130 bucks of labor alone to replace one battery!

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 10:26 AM   #14
Tom444
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
They charge $85/hr and claimed 1.5 hours testing and installation. On the second battery with the melted post they charged one hour ($85) plus $145 for the battery. In all fairness though they do pick and delivery the cart for free.

My main issue with them is that they did not, first, find the battery with the melted post the first time and that they should have recommended replacing all of them the first time.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car