lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2018, 09:08 PM   #1
pittpanther
Not Yet Wild

Default New 2019 Onward Owner with Possible Charging Issue

Hello all! I just took delivery on a 2019 Onward 4 passenger, lifted. Pretty excited - its our first golf cart...

When it was delivered today, it was at a charge of a couple of bars above half. We took it for a spin around the neighborhood, and when we got back it was a couple of bars below half. I plugged in the charger, heard the 3 beeps, and it has been charging since (about 6 hours), but the charge indicator inside the cart has not changed. The charger itself is definitely on, and has a green pulsing light above a blue light. The heat sink is very warm to the touch (assuming this is normal). Am I missing something obvious here? I looked at the charging troubleshooting sticky, but I don't think any of the items apply to my cart. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Only other issue we have is the canopy is super-squeaky, even rattle-y. Definitely seems to be coming from the canopy's connection to the metal struts. Was going to buy some rubber washers and install on all metal-metal touch points - unless there is a better solution out there!

Thanks in advance!

Will post pics once I have been a member for 7 days!
pittpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-14-2018, 10:05 PM   #2
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Default Re: New 2019 Onward Owner with Possible Charging Issue

Im not sure if an onward is very different from a normal precedent but I have had carts that have taken 12+ hours to do a full charge cycle. I have also charged mine for an afternoon and had those LED bars not move at all. They aren't the most reliable things. Maybe time how long a full cycle takes and report back?
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:34 AM   #3
pittpanther
Not Yet Wild

Thanks golf cart man. Good advice, for sure. I woke up this morning and went out to the garage to find the cart is now fully charged. Impatience got the best of me!
pittpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 04:11 PM   #4
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Be sure to look up on the forum for proper break in procedures for your new batteries
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 04:40 PM   #5
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ditch that worthless gauge and get a $15 meter from carts unlimited (site sponsor) let it charge up til top light on charger is solid. And as noted above read the battery sticky so you know how to break them in.
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car