lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2018, 03:33 PM   #1
sts5859
Not Yet Wild

Default Dead shorted switched hot wire on 2013 CC Prec

I was installing voltage reducer and phone charging station on 2013 CC Precedent. I tapped into switched hot wire on the starter. Unfortunately I accidently touched the hot wire to ground when I dropped something. Now no power to the switch and of course cart won't move. No sound when I put in reverse. Tried to find fuses but could only locate one.
Any ideas on fuse locations or on how to troubleshoot. The hot wire to the switch is dead too so no power at all coming from batteries.
Thanks for any help!
sts5859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2018, 03:48 PM   #2
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Dead shorted switched hot wire on 2013 CC Prec

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-diagrams.html

Might find what you need in this thread
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 04:17 PM   #3
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

It's not easy to get at. You first have to remove the two middle batteries. Then fold down the aluminum panel that the Run/Tow sw is on. On the back somewhere near the solenoid you will see a fuse holder. Here's a picture the fuse is circled in white.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Club Car Main Fuse.jpg (142.1 KB, 0 views)
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 05:41 PM   #4
sts5859
Not Yet Wild

Thank you both! Just finished putting everything back together before I saw this post. I missed that fuse! Going to rest the back for a bit and then take it apart again. I tested solenoid and it was good. Has to be that fuse.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:35 PM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Might have cooked your controller.
Put it in tow mode and disconnect the battery pack negative whenever you’re working on ANYTHING on the cart. Doesn’t take much to ruin a $500 controller if you slip and short a wire somewhere.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 09:14 PM   #6
sts5859
Not Yet Wild

Well main fuse was blown. Put it back together and got reverse alarm but no solenoid click. I had an upgraded controller I had left over from my old cart so. Put it in. Same thing. I know the likely thing is that it's probably the controller but any other ideas? The upgraded controller is new and I took it out of my old cart before I sold it. Worked just fine.
Old 10-13-2018, 09:31 PM   #7
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looking at the diagram all of that current went through one other component. That was the run/tow sw. Measure at the key sw and see if you got 48v. If you don't you may have taken out the run/tow sw. Also make sure the 48v is getting through the key sw. OR you may still have a short somewhere and taken out the fuse again.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 07:45 AM   #8
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sts5859 View Post
Well main fuse was blown. Put it back together and got reverse alarm but no solenoid click. I had an upgraded controller I had left over from my old cart so. Put it in. Same thing. I know the likely thing is that it's probably the controller but any other ideas? The upgraded controller is new and I took it out of my old cart before I sold it. Worked just fine.
The reverse alarm sounding is good and proves that is nothing wrong with the Tow/Run switch and that you are getting power all the way to the key switch Green wire.

Make sure You actually plugged the Blue wire back to the key switch.

Also, since shorting the positive wire to the chassis should not result in a short (the chassis should be isolated from pack negative), the question is what did You short that wire against?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 08:41 AM   #9
sts5859
Not Yet Wild

I am getting power to the switch as the accessories I installed all work. One of those items was a charge meter. I used the hole in the dash from the low charge warning light to mount the new one. What I did was take 48 volt hot from the switch but I needed a ground so I took it from the ground that went to the low charge indicator light. I then ran the hot and negative to the charge status indicator and a voltage step down to power a cell phone charging system. I touched the negative fron the warning light to the positive from the switch.
I was going to pull back apart to test run tow but looks like that is not the issue. Any more thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-14-2018, 08:52 AM   #10
sts5859
Not Yet Wild

Ok. Went down to start working on cart and decided to test it one more time. It worked!! I have no idea why as I tested before I stopped working on it last night. I'll take the gift but this makes no sense!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car