lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2019, 01:39 PM   #1
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Lithium 58.4V 11A Chargers @ EV Battery Center

Hello to all who are building lithium packs. I got an email from Neli @ EV Battery Center letting me know that in cleaning up the storage area at their warehouse, she has found 6 brand new C1000 chargers with mounting brackets and 14GA charge cable that were part of the last order of 2017 and got shuffled aside when Nick got sick. They are available on their web site.

https://evbatterycenter.com/HAC4/ind...age&Itemid=605
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2019, 02:37 PM   #2
Aquaman95
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Lithium 58.4V 11A Chargers @ EV Battery Center

Does this work well with the Zeva BMS? Via CAN connection or relay? And I assume this more of an overnight charger?
Aquaman95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 04:12 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I don't think that charger has any kind of interface. At least mine which is similar doesn't. It's a pretty basic charger and for me, 10A is not enough. Mine charges at 17A.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 08:37 PM   #4
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

They are programmed to shut off at 58.4V and are very accurate doing that. With the ZEVA BMS you would need to use a relay to control it for individual cell over voltage.

With the BMS supplied from EV Battery Center, before Nick passed; the BMS would stop the charger internally due to individual cell over voltage. All charging current went via a #10 black wire separately from charger thru the BMS to the pack negative.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 09:09 AM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I scrapped the BMS that I got from EV and built my own because I wanted to know what it was doing. Nick's BMS used a Mosfet to control the charger which I did not like so I went with a relay on my design. I adjusted the charger voltage down a bit to top out at 4.1V per cell as well. If the charger is working properly and my cells are balanced, then the charger shuts off before the BMS terminates the charge. My charger displays voltage and current (switched to one or the other) while charging.

I have two chargers that came with my Yamaha cart that I plan to try to modify for lithium charging. I need to figure out how to adjust the voltage and to override the interlock that it has that communicated with the old Yamaha controller.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 02:24 PM   #6
Aquaman95
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks, guys!
Aquaman95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car