lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2019, 12:34 PM   #1
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default My rant on Nivel/Madjax. Long post.

A few months ago I ordered a madjax 300 rear seat for my Club Car DS. During assembly I noted that the plastic at the union where the rear grab par attached to the rear step was cracked on both sides. I called and was told a new one would be sent out.. It was then shared after a week later that it was backordered but due in any day. I continued to order madjax parts as I went for my lift kit as I was offered a real good price on a lift, tire wheel combo. I got a 6 inch lift and that is where my real nightmare started. I was worried my wife would complain of the high cart, so I ordered a side step nerf bar to complete the setup.

I could not figure out where the bar attached in the rear. So I called madjax. They then shared with me my DS was different so they were sending me an extra mounting piece. I get the piece and was afraid to attach it. It was not structurally sound. So with some extra drilling and adding and extra nut and bolt to attach I was able to get the bar on solid. Really looked good.

step.jpg

he only problem. Quarter turn of the wheel and tire rubbed. I tried adding a 2 inch spacer and kicking the step in as far as it would go but my 22 inch tires still rubbed. I called madjax to see if I was doing something wrong. they said, "yes, we know we have an issue with ath cart we will send you pieces to fix your problem". I told them I already went through that, and it was the front that was a problem not the rear. I was told no problem, take pictures and i will send to our engineers. I sent the pictures on the 28th of February. Today I finally called. Spoke to the same tech. He remembered me. He never heard back from Engineer. I asked him how other people that had ordered had made this work? He didn't know if anyone had or who to ask.

I like the steps, I would love to keep them, but tough to work with a company that does not follow up , or after months can't replace a damaged piece to one of their parts.

6430-1.jpg

6428.jpg

20190228_162451.jpg
klubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2019, 12:35 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: My rant on Nivel/Madjax. Long post.

Nivel!!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 12:39 PM   #3
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

What madjax is trying to do is sell one nerf bar for all carts and just change mounting bracket. The issue as I see it is that the mounting for the front means mounting behind the frame bar they are using instead of the front. But to do that the nerf bar would need to be a couple inches shorter. They couldn't use the same one.

Before anyone says it, yes I should of used a site sponsor. I called Dave this morning and he directed me to a place to buy a step that will fit. I just thought I was safe with a name brand like madjax, but I learned. The walmart of golf parts.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:40 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

If it has anything to do with Nivel, honestly, RUN the other way..... (and you are not the first and certainty will not be the last...)
Old 03-07-2019, 12:42 PM   #5
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

I had never heard of Nivel until I looked up tech support for Madjax and found that they were now one in the same. So madjax is also one to run from now.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:45 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Nivel has bought out a lot of good companies, only to beat them down to cheap imported or junk parts. That is what ruined the old forum named Buggies Unlimited and that spawned BGW! (Good for us)
Old 03-07-2019, 10:37 PM   #7
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Nivel!!

Yep
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:02 PM   #8
hunter99
Gone Wild

Club Car

Bought a Red Dot rain enclosure for my Precedent. It seems nice but it's not perfect. I know ones I have seen in the past were nicer. Didn't realize that Red Dot was bought out by Nivel as well. Explained that
hunter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 11:03 PM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Good name? You got Mad Jacked! Aka the money is gone....
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car