lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2019, 08:11 PM   #1
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Cart range

What is the normal expected range of a cart with new batteries? Normal neighbor hood cruising maybe ful speed 25% of the time on the road rest of time probably around 50% throttle. I have a 2000 36v cart that I am converting to 48v. Will have stock 36v motor but adding alltrax 500amp controller instead of the old toaster coils. Cart has 6" lift and 23" tires. Looking at a set of Trojan t875 batteries, says they are rated 170ah...
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2019, 09:23 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Cart range

Lol! That us almost a nebulous question..... The amount of stop-n-go, terrain (flat, hills, dirt or asphalt), number of passengers, etc. will all effect distance based on A/H usage. Relatively speaking, 15 to maybe 20 miles should be achievable, may be more or maybe less, but you are good down to 50% SOC on the pack. At that point you want to get back on a charger.

Remember new batteries need to be broken in correctly and will not be up to their full potential to somewhere around 30-50 charges.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:36 AM   #3
Dlab
Gone Wild

Better crank that controller down to 350-400 with that motor on 48 volts. I kept my stocker 36volt on 48 volts for a while, when in the woods or hitting hills it would get scalding hot.

AMD Beast Motor solved that issue.

36volt motor on 48volts is peppy though!
Dlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 07:53 AM   #4
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Was just trying to get rough idea, this will be my first electric cart. My gasser 7gallons lasts a longggg time and I drive it a lot!
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:10 AM   #5
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Don't compare it to a gas cart or you'll be sorely disappointed when it comes to range. I'll venture to say with partial throttle driving on flat pavement, you'll get around 15-20 miles AFTER the pack has been broken in.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car