lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2020, 08:25 PM   #1
Chopsaw
Not Yet Wild

Lightbulb alltrax xct 400 dcs max torque ?

My txt dcs 36 volt stopped climbing the hill loaded down. Controller, cable a1 to motor and b- got burning hot. I recently installed 2 awg cables and an alltrax xct 400 controller. What kind of tune do I need to put in it for max hill climbing capabilities.
Chopsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2020, 08:27 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: alltrax xct 400 dcs max torque ?

The factory defaults are max armature amperage. Set the max armature amperage to 400. The controller will allow 450 with the turbo box checked.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 08:47 PM   #3
Chopsaw
Not Yet Wild

Sounds good. I am unable to get much of a run at the hill is there something I can do to increase torque at lower rpm?
Old 01-27-2020, 11:50 PM   #4
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Eventually, a torque motor would be a good idea. Are you still using a stock motor?
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 08:58 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopsaw View Post
Sounds good. I am unable to get much of a run at the hill is there something I can do to increase torque at lower rpm?
Increasing the ramp or throttle rate does make the cart feel like it has more power. Secondly check the torque ramp rate. It should show fairly steep (blue line) in the low rpms for max initial torque
Attached Images
File Type: jpg torque_speed curve XCT.jpg (51.4 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 11:11 AM   #6
Chopsaw
Not Yet Wild

Ok thanks. I havent tried it out yet, I just figured I would try to get it set up the best I could. Yes still on stock dcs motor.
Old 01-28-2020, 12:04 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopsaw View Post
My txt dcs 36 volt stopped climbing the hill loaded down. Controller, cable a1 to motor and b- got burning hot. I recently installed 2 awg cables and an alltrax xct 400 controller. What kind of tune do I need to put in it for max hill climbing capabilities.
If the controller is getting hot, it needs the optional fan installed.
If cables A1 and B- are getting hot, B+ cable from battery pack to solenoid ought to be getting hot also and if it isn't, the quality of the connections on the A1 and B- cables come into question.

Not that it makes much difference, but the peak amps for a SR48400 is 460A rather than 450A. Peak for all of the SR and XCT controllers is 15% greater than the nominal values they are rated at.

If you connect a laptop or similar device to the SR, you can record a data log that will tell us how many amps the motor draws while climbing hill under load. Use continuous sampling rate and zip the raw .csv file so it can be attached to a post on this forum.

The stock DCS controller left a lot to be desired, but the stock DCS motor was a pretty good one and it had plenty of torque for most applications. If you have tires much taller than the stock 18", more motor may be needed to climb hills with a heavy load, but upping the battery pack to 48V may be all that is needed.

48V will increase both torque (throughout entire RPM spectrum) and top speed by about 33% without changing the motor and everything will run cooler since the amps needed to haul same load up same hill will be reduced by 1/3 and the change in heat production is the square of the amps flowing through the resistance. (W = IČ X R)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SR Specs.jpg (225.6 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 07:12 PM   #8
Chopsaw
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the advice. Not much more to do now until I make a test run. I might wait until the weather breaks.
Old 02-04-2020, 08:11 PM   #9
Chopsaw
Not Yet Wild

Hello there. I was able to load the family up and make a run up the hill I had a dvm wired directly to the pack and it started with 38.1 volts and low reading climbing the hill was 28.6 volts then recovered to 38 volts at rest. Any thoughts?
Old 02-04-2020, 08:26 PM   #10
Chopsaw
Not Yet Wild

I also got stuck in the mud so with some resistance I did a load test on each battery. They all started out at 6.2 volts I then brought it up to full throttle and held until voltage stabilized at 5.5 volts. About 5 seconds at full throttle spinning in thick mud.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO