lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2021, 10:13 AM   #1
DanGoneWild
Not Yet Wild

Default solenoid click

Hello All!
Multiple issues here concerning voltage but I dont want to get into all of them at this point. I fear I'll have to replace my two year old alltrax controller for incorrect voltage readings causing a over voltage error that never goes away... even when the 36v pack drains down to 36v two weeks after charging and not being driveable the entire time. That said, in the meantime, I'm trying to work on other issues I may have as well. Quick question. When I hold down the throttle pedal, the solenoid will click. Ok that seems normal. Am I right to think it should click again when I take my foot off of the pedal? Mine is not. It will only click again when I turn the key off. That doesn't seem right but i could be wrong. Is it? Thanks
DanGoneWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-22-2021, 12:53 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: solenoid click

You need to hook up to a laptop and review your settings.. Post what you have and we should be able to get you close.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 12:00 PM   #3
DanGoneWild
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: solenoid click

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
You need to hook up to a laptop and review your settings.. Post what you have and we should be able to get you close.
Sorry for the lengthy response. I wasn't quite ready to discuss my controller in full in my original post with a solenoid question but here goes...
My controller is currently on my workbench connected to nothing but my computer. Oddly enough, it shows aprox 27 battery volts on the monitor page even tho it's not connected to my pack. Coincidentally if you add that voltage to my 37+ volts in my pack it puts me above the max 62 volt limit I have set over voltage to in settings... 64 volts is what the controller thinks its reading after charging when the controller is in the cart. A handheld voltmeter at the controller would say it's only receiving 36+ volts.
The way this over voltage thing started was I went from charging my batteries and going to having to wait an hour after charging because of OV error to waiting 3 hours, to a day, to 3 days, to a week and now it holds the OV error weeks later until I have charge my batteries again when the actual reading on the pack with a separate voltmeter falls to 36v. In other words it progressively got worse.
So I was hoping removing it from cart may drain the "27 volts" in it. It does reduce some but at this rate, it would take weeks (sitting on my bench) if it would even do so completely and then I would have to worry about this issue repeating itself.
Alltrax says they could run some tests on it if I ship it to them. Not sure I want to do that if I have to buy a new one anyway. So I ask yall, is there a way I can delete whats on the controller and reprogram? Would that help? Any other ideas on a possible cause or fix? Or is it a lost cause. Thanks
DanGoneWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO