lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2022, 01:58 PM   #1
Psellers
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO Click and a hum, no movement

TXTDCS with the nine pin 1206XS controller

I have been tinkering with this think for a long time now and no luck. If I have the rear wheels up on a jack and put it in forwards or reverse and hit the throttle, I've got a click from the solenoid and a little wiggle from the rear tires and a slight hum from the motor.

Controller îs remanufactured from FSIP.... no I didn't upgrade it.... I know I know. Solenoid is new. battery pack is brand new and has full voltage. I also put new brushes in the motor. and 12vs to the motor from a battery spins the motor like crazy.

Any help with be greatly apprciated
Psellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2022, 03:06 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Click and a hum, no movement

If the throttle signal and the solenoid test good the reman controller is junk - wait - say it aint so - surprise a junk reman?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 04:07 PM   #3
Psellers
Not Yet Wild

I know I know I've seen you say this before.. but I've payed for it so I'm going to go with the controller is good until proven otherwise.

Can you point me in a direction to to confirm throttle signal that would be helpful.
Old 11-30-2022, 04:50 PM   #4
Psellers
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
If the throttle signal and the solenoid test good the reman controller is junk - wait - say it aint so - surprise a junk reman?

Also... side note while scanning the forum looking for more help I came across another answer form you about the resistor and diode board that's attached to my solenoid... If I remember correctly from my trouble shooting the discharge side of the resistor and solenoid (for a lack of a better term and knowledge) should be 3v less than pack side. Mine is testing same as pack voltage on both sides with the solenoid open. Im not sure if this is my main issue but its something.

I ordered a new one from golfcartcatalog.com and received the a diode that looks nothing like what I ordered and they don't seem to like answering their phones. is there a different part or parts I can order that you can point me towards

this is your old post for reference

So,
My local dealer said the resistor/diode board for the solenoid on the DCS model are obsolete and no replacement is listed by Ezgo. Does anyone have an alternate method they are using for the board that mounts between the large lugs on the solenoid? Like maybe a separate diode and resistor mounted like on a series cart?
"That is exactly what you do"

I saw you're in so cal, so am I. East county San Diego
Old 11-30-2022, 09:41 PM   #5
Komodo1982
Not Yet Wild

We are in the same boat. Want to send me your Controller to see if it works in my cart or I can send you mine?
Komodo1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 02:36 PM   #6
Psellers
Not Yet Wild

I have a bit of an update. If I disconnect one of the forward or reverse switches, it will go full speed and reverse no matter which direction you have the direction selector. If I plug that switch back in it just hums. I’m leaning towards replacing the switches, but I’ve attempted to jump them and it doesn’t make a difference.
Old 12-03-2022, 03:09 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

DCS cart has 2 micros on the fnr selector. One is a run switch that will activate in F and R. The other one is for reverse and will activate only when in reverse if the selector is correct.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 35532A9B-07A1-42C3-BCEB-6330304BA670.jpg (146.2 KB, 0 views)
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 03:20 PM   #8
Psellers
Not Yet Wild

ok, that makes since to me now... I was confused with the action of the two switched because it seemed one was always depressed in forward and rev.

So if I disconnect the switch on the passenger side hit the throttle it will go full speed in rev but if I plug it back in all I get is a slight hum and wiggle from the motor. I attempted to jump the switch and I get the same thing. a slight hum from the motor. I think that switch is good but not sure where to look next.
Old 12-03-2022, 03:26 PM   #9
Psellers
Not Yet Wild

also, if I have both switches plugged in and I move the selector to rev it goes into reverse no problem.but if I move the selector to forward it won't move, and just slight hum from the motor.
Old 12-03-2022, 05:35 PM   #10
Komodo1982
Not Yet Wild

The foward Micro switch may be bad. I literally just check mine, found it bad and once I jumped it the solenoid finally actuated.
Komodo1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO