lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2022, 09:55 AM   #1
CutlerBayWolfMan
Not Yet Wild

Default Why are my LED light strip no longer working???

So a while back i installed LED strip lights on the bottom of my 84" roof. Everything worked fine. When i recently updated to Lithium i also updated the volt reducer to the new one ECO Battery sent me. I wired that to a fuse box that is now putting out 13.5v at the fuse box. I plug in the lights and nothing.

I bought another set and tried that thinking the controller box from the lights broke or something and nothing happened.

The lights i bought came with a controller and wired for the wall. I originally cut the wall outlet and used the cables to connect to the fuse box eliminating the wall outlet box. Again everything worked fine until i updated the battery and reducer and added the fuse box.

I tried connecting the new one that wouldn't work on the cart to the wall and works fine at the wall but not the cart.

What could have gone wrong? Attached is a pic of the lights. Any help will be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LIghts.JPG (157.3 KB, 0 views)
CutlerBayWolfMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2022, 10:04 AM   #2
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Why are my LED light strip no longer working???

Have you tried wiring them temporarily to another 12v battery to see if they work on a different battery directly without the voltage reducer on the lithium Battey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerBayWolfMan View Post
So a while back i installed LED strip lights on the bottom of my 84" roof. Everything worked fine. When i recently updated to Lithium i also updated the volt reducer to the new one ECO Battery sent me. I wired that to a fuse box that is now putting out 13.5v at the fuse box. I plug in the lights and nothing.

I bought another set and tried that thinking the controller box from the lights broke or something and nothing happened.

The lights i bought came with a controller and wired for the wall. I originally cut the wall outlet and used the cables to connect to the fuse box eliminating the wall outlet box. Again everything worked fine until i updated the battery and reducer and added the fuse box.

I tried connecting the new one that wouldn't work on the cart to the wall and works fine at the wall but not the cart.

What could have gone wrong? Attached is a pic of the lights. Any help will be appreciated.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 10:20 AM   #3
CutlerBayWolfMan
Not Yet Wild

I have not. Will plugging them in to my car battery do the trick? i don't have another battery laying around.
Old 12-07-2022, 10:50 AM   #4
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerBayWolfMan View Post
I have not. Will plugging them in to my car battery do the trick? i don't have another battery laying around.
If the lights are a 12v DC light yes a car battery would work.
Old 12-07-2022, 11:10 AM   #5
CutlerBayWolfMan
Not Yet Wild

Could it be possible i have the cables on backwards? Positive to negative and vice versa?

I just realized i could have done this wrong without noticing.

Joe
Old 12-07-2022, 12:14 PM   #6
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes that is possible, a decent set of lights will protect itself from this happening and not allow it to turn on.
Old 12-07-2022, 12:24 PM   #7
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

polarity matters with leds.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 01:45 PM   #8
CutlerBayWolfMan
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. Will try this once i get home today along with new tie rods and front shocks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO