lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2010, 06:00 PM   #31
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: how to tell difference in G2 and G9

Thanks for the tips Art. But the OP asked what they had G2 or G9. That's the question to answer in this thread. And yea, if you were to call Yamaha for a proprietary part they would want to know what it is. Anything beyond that as to the interchangeability of parts remains irrelevant to the OP's question. So, it does make a difference Thanks for the help.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2010, 06:19 PM   #32
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Just cought this thread...It's a G2. Thanks ESS for making that point, you call me for a part, you should know your model or better yet serial number. Even G2's and G9's have different parts specific to them, even if they look alike.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:29 PM   #33
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

In 1960 the ford dealer had a parts man that
yelled at every one that came in the door.
IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE YEAR AND MODEL
COME BACK WHEN YOU DO.
He knew every thing by heart but said we had to
do our part,
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:58 PM   #34
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

DOOm's, are you saying I should "chill"? I do try to navigate thru the cart specific's to get the correct model or serial number, but I do get frustrated sometimes. I like your parts guy better....Only I couldn't sleep at night knowing I "pissed some guy off. I do try.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:02 PM   #35
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Are we sure that's a Yamaha??????
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:33 PM   #36
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
DOOm's, are you saying I should "chill"? I do try to navigate thru the cart specific's to get the correct model or serial number, but I do get frustrated sometimes. I like your parts guy better....Only I couldn't sleep at night knowing I "pissed some guy off. I do try.
My comment was aimed at berthas what does it matter
I find that when someone does not know the answer
thy say what does it matter.
A lot like the local Dems that don't understand the national debt.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:48 PM   #37
kogieblack
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Hello guys! I am sorry if I digressed a little bit. But I want to settle this issue of G2-G9 thing.

Since you want specifics, here it is: Yamaha OEM Part # J38-14101-02-00 is a carburator for a Yamaha G2, G8, G9 and G11. That is the reason why I said, "does it really matter?" because many parts within a model and model year range are interchangeable.

So if you call up Yamaha and tell them the OEM #, they would not ask you anymore if it is for a G2 or a G9 as they already know that that info is irrelevant to them

I could provide you with a long list of parts that are common amongst models within the same brand/cart manufacturer. Or even different golf cart brands. Hitachi supplies most starter generators for all cart models be it Yamaha, EZGO, Club Car etc.

My participation here is not to start arguments but rather to provide more info to others who may want to explore other options and alternatives especially when cost is the issue.
kogieblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:03 AM   #38
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Um wow. All I know is that I love gas galf carts and... GO YAMMI's!!
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:14 AM   #39
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kogieblack View Post
Hello guys! I am sorry if I digressed a little bit. But I want to settle this issue of G2-G9 thing.

Since you want specifics, here it is: Yamaha OEM Part # J38-14101-02-00 is a carburator for a Yamaha G2, G8, G9 and G11. That is the reason why I said, "does it really matter?" because many parts within a model and model year range are interchangeable.

So if you call up Yamaha and tell them the OEM #, they would not ask you anymore if it is for a G2 or a G9 as they already know that that info is irrelevant to them

I could provide you with a long list of parts that are common amongst models within the same brand/cart manufacturer. Or even different golf cart brands. Hitachi supplies most starter generators for all cart models be it Yamaha, EZGO, Club Car etc.

My participation here is not to start arguments but rather to provide more info to others who may want to explore other options and alternatives especially when cost is the issue.
Art,
Once again, the info you have posted is very valuable, thank you. But it is important that the cart be properly identified first. There are differences in parts between the 2 models.
Properly identifying the cart is the starting point. From there, you can look at altenatives.

I would be willing to bet that 99.9% of the people that call Smallblock for parts do not have the OEM number. Therefore, the model of the cart becomes very important.

Again, thanks for the good info and expertise that you offer
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:26 AM   #40
kogieblack
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
Art,
Once again, the info you have posted is very valuable, thank you. But it is important that the cart be properly identified first. There are differences in parts between the 2 models.
Properly identifying the cart is the starting point. From there, you can look at altenatives.

I would be willing to bet that 99.9% of the people that call Smallblock for parts do not have the OEM number. Therefore, the model of the cart becomes very important.

Again, thanks for the good info and expertise that you offer
Okay, I am sorry I am talking from a different perspective. I happen to have a hard copy of a full catalog provided by a very large parts manufacturer/supplier of golf cart parts. So to those that I may have alienated by my posture, please accept my apology. I am more of a partsman than a technician altho I have had my days of tinkering with golf carts.
kogieblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha