lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2010, 09:36 AM   #1
acman2u
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Where to buy lift kit and tires

I have a 1990 ezgo (at least that is what the model an serial lead me to think).
I am trying to find fair pricing on a lift kit and wheel/tire package. I see lots of dealers out there and a few styles, can anyone point me to a worthy site and recommend a style. I see block kits and drop kits and many tires to choose from. I live in MN so a good all around tire is desired also.
Thanks!
acman2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2010, 09:47 AM   #2
blake80
REAL MEN GET EM DIRTY

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Where to buy lift kit and tires

I HAVE ORDERED A FEW LIFTS FROM 3R (SITE SPONSOR). THEY ARE GREAT PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH. BUT ALL OUR SPONSORS A GREAT TO WORK WITH.
blake80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:12 AM   #3
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

This lift kit is what I ended up using after returning 2 others that were of questionable quality at best (and this one, go figure, was the lowest priced of all of them):

http://cgi.ebay.com/EZ-GO-GAS-GOLF-C...item4cf2a1eef6

As to wheels, it depends on what style you are looking for - if you want to save some $ or if your cart is going to get rough use, you can use your stock rims with a set of 2" spacers and 22X11-8 tires. The spacers will run you around $40 for all wheels, and tires are all over at great prices if you do some snooping (I bought 4 Chen Shin Lumberjacks on clearance from Dennis Kirk for right around $130 shipped). Be careful - a lot of the "combos" for carts out there use a lighter-duty tire so you'll get a lot of sidewall flex, etc (best to find a heavy-duty ATV tire, in my opinion)...

It's a little more footwork, but piecing a setup together can save you easily $100 or more, and the other good thing is you can set the quality of your own package, instead of sacrificing one for the other, etc
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:35 AM   #4
blake80
REAL MEN GET EM DIRTY

E-Z-GO

I TOTALLY AGREE ON USING ATV TIRES.
FOR ONE, YOU GET FAR MORE CHOICES.
TWO, THEY DONT REALLY COST ANYMORE THAN GOLF CART TIRES. THERE IS A SITE CALLED www.mud-throwers.com THEY HAVE ALL KINDS OF ATV TIRES AT FAIR PRICES.
THIRD, MOST ATV TIRES HAVE MUCH STRONGER SIDE WALL AND CAN BE RUN WITH ALMOST NO AIR IN THEM AT ALL SO YOU CAN GET BACK. SOME ATV TIRES CAN HAVE A HOLE IN THE SIDE OF THEM AND STILL DONT GO FLAT.

BUT, OUR SITE SPONSORS SELL GREAT LIFTS AT FAIR PRICES.
blake80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:51 AM   #5
GoTeeMan
EZ Like Sunday Morning

E-Z-GO

I have a 1990 that was already lifted when I got it, it has the 4" block lift but the stock front springs which keeps 22" tires close to the frame. I put the pre-88 springs (which are roughly 1 1/2" longer) on and it makes a world of difference in turning radius (I can go lock to lock with no binding) and no rubbing up front. I am going to get some spacers for the front wheels to widen the front track a little plus I think it looks better. You can go with a Jakes drop spindle as well but you are talking cashola there but I have seen carts use them and they function good and look cool too.

Wheels abound just make sure they are off set for lifted carts (lifting makes em tippier).

Have fun
GoTeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:13 PM   #6
thewskrs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I got my lift and tires from Ebay. Good deals and good products. You just have to look and research as mujch as you can. I got my 22" sahara's on offset rims fro $320 shipped to my door. Rocktopcarts on ebay. They have lifts too. But I got a 5" drop axle very comparable to a Jakes, for 219 at my door. Mine is a 97 model so a little different than yours. But the overall should put you in for 5 to 6 hundred complete. I love my set up.
thewskrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:15 PM   #7
acman2u
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I am leaning towards the Jakes set up mainly because it looks cleaner and gives 2" offset in the front. What offset do I look for in a wheel?
Thanks for all of the great input so far!
acman2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:21 AM   #8
chardonite
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Run the jakes lift kit and use the steering arm spacer so the drag link stays in correct alignment. Also make sure you set the toe in to 1/4 inch or you'll have all kinds of handling problems.When you set the toe make sure to roll the cart back and forth about ten feet to settle the suspension before you recheck the toe. I'm running a 2 inch offset rim with 22/11/10 tires with no problems.
chardonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO