lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2016, 01:34 PM   #21
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Charger not working

Use two jumper wires. Install a jumper wire from the back of the charger receptacle black wire to the main negative battery post, then use another jumper wire to go from the grey wire to the main negative battery post. You said that the charger clicked when you manually jumped out the grey wire. This indicates that the charger relay will turn on when provided the necessary power. However, once the charger turns on, if it cannot detect the battery pack, the ammeter will remain at zero. The 2nd jumper wire from the black wire to the B- battery will provide a direct connection to the battery pack. If the charger works with these two jumpers in place, replace the Onboard computer.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2016, 05:05 PM   #22
kbreaux
Not Yet Wild

Charger clicked on and began charging, but it tripped the 15 amp breaker on the front of the charger after a few minutes. Still OBC?
kbreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 06:08 PM   #23
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbreaux View Post
Charger clicked on and began charging, but it tripped the 15 amp breaker on the front of the charger after a few minutes. Still OBC?
OBC is definitely the problem. The circuit breaker could have tripped as a result of the jumper wire being undersized. This test is only for diagnostic purposes and is not intended to be used to charge the cart for a long period of time.

Post your serial number and I'll tell you which OBC you need.
Old 07-17-2016, 03:02 PM   #24
kbreaux
Not Yet Wild

my serial number is A0039-938868. Thanks for all of your helpful knowledge. Didn't want to spend the $300 if I didnt have to, but will replace the OBC.
kbreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 04:32 PM   #25
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Check around- OBC is not 300 bucks
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 06:25 PM   #26
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
my serial number is A0039-938868. Thanks for all of your helpful knowledge. Didn't want to spend the $300 if I didnt have to, but will replace the OBC.
I'd buy a DPI SmartCharger and jumper out the OBC before I'd waste my money on a new OBC....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:43 AM   #27
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
If you have a series cart with a lever operated F&R switch, the OBC is 101909901. If you have a Regen 2 Cart with a toggle switch F&R and a tow/run switch under the seat, the correct OBC is AM1229201
Old 10-04-2017, 11:42 AM   #28
kcc865
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Try the second test procedure I mentioned in the previous post. You may have a bad charge circuit in the OBC. It's turning the charger on but not allowing power to go through it. Your fuse in the yellow fuse holder is obviously good if the OBC is making the charger relay click. Try checking the plastic fuse on the back of the receptacle for continuity. If it's bad, you'll get the same results. However, these rarely blow. I guarantee you as soon as you touch the jumper wire from the terminal on the back of that fuse to the main negative battery post your charger needle will jump up.
Im having the same issue, I got the charger to kick on with the 2nd test procedure. Jumping the post of the fuse on the back of the plastic receptacle to the main negative. From what I read this is a bad charge circuit. Can this be replaced or does the whole OBC have to be replaced?
kcc865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 03:06 PM   #29
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcc865 View Post
Im having the same issue, I got the charger to kick on with the 2nd test procedure. Jumping the post of the fuse on the back of the plastic receptacle to the main negative. From what I read this is a bad charge circuit. Can this be replaced or does the whole OBC have to be replaced?
It depends. Does it work when you jump it to either side of the fuse or just one side? If it's one-sided it's probably just a blown fuse. If it works on both sides, it's an internal OBC issue and there is no repairing it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car