lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #11
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Default Re: Should I try to flip a clean '96 EZGO for $850, which needs a controller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbordea View Post
one thought is to go ahead and get your cart you are going to build.

If you are going to be replacing parts on your cart with new parts, you can use the used parts to help you build the carts you want to flip.
Instead of spending $400 for a controller for a cart you want to flip, you can put that controller in your cart and take the used controller off of your cart you are building to put on the cart you want to flip.

I wish I had done that - there is another Medalist I am thinking of getting to flip just for this purpose, take all the best parts - put 'em on mine - flip the other.

OP - tell me about the first flip... You actually did NOTHING and turned $750?
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #12
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Should I try to flip a clean '96 EZGO for $850, which needs a controller?

I flipped one last week. I bought it, brought it home and cleaned/tightened the battery cables, checked the water in the batteries, pressure washed it, and put it on charge for the night. The next morning I tested the voltage with my MM and drove it around a little to make sure everything was good. Put it on CL and sold it within 1 hour for a $600 profit. Less than 24 hours from when I bought and sold it but they are not all that easy.

Flippers are good for the cart economy and this site. I have spent thousands of dollars on parts in the past 6 months alone flipping carts and 99% has been with site sponsors.
Bowslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #13
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Bow - where'd you find it? CL?
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:08 PM   #14
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dela View Post
Bow - where'd you find it? CL?
No, with my job I spend a lot of time driving every day. I just keep my eye open for carts and always carry a wad of cash in case I find one. First one there with the cash is the one that gets the deal. I probably stop and look at 20 carts to every 1 that I find a good deal on but you just have to be patient and keep looking.
Bowslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:39 PM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I am just surprised it took 8 posts before somebody said something about flipping carts..

I don't have issues with it but some people here do.. There are also some dealers on here that are sponsors so you get the picture. I flip a cart on occation but don't ever list it here just to make sure not to ruffle feathers.

As for 1875 for a 99, you did well.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:16 AM   #16
black&yellow
Not Yet Wild

I live in the same town as the golf cart you are talking about, its bright blue right? I could go check it out for you, unless you are definitely planning on coming to get it anyways. Send me an email to cm7186@aol.com if you want to get in touch with me.
black&yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:41 AM   #17
claytoncolleran
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dela View Post

I wish I had done that - there is another Medalist I am thinking of getting to flip just for this purpose, take all the best parts - put 'em on mine - flip the other.

OP - tell me about the first flip... You actually did NOTHING and turned $750?
Dela, just kept my eyes on CL until I found a good deal. Went up to Myrtle Beach for the purchase and came back down to Hilton Head for the sale. Cleaned her up and took some really good pictures. It was a '99 EZGO Series cart with good batteries and no mechanical problems.
claytoncolleran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buy, controller, ezgo, technical
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO