lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
pjmia96
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Question One Microswitch?

I have a 1991 ezgo Marathon Electric. I don't use a Key switch or reverse buzzer. While tightening one micro switch I overtightened a screw and it snapped off inside the switch. Is it possible to only use one micro switch instead of 2 on the F&R Switch? If I'm not using key switch or reverse buzzer I honestly don't think I need a second one.

What do you guys Think?

Matt
pjmia96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2012, 05:33 AM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: One Microswitch?

One FNR micro just allows power when in F or R and not when in N. The other is for backup beeper and tells the controller you're in R, so it can limit power to 50%.

Your call, as technically you don't need either, but that isn't exactly safe.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #3
pjmia96
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think I can get away with one. I'll post results
Old 07-03-2012, 08:42 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You have already eliminated 2 of the four safety devices ... what the heck use a toggle switch or just twist 2 wires together when you want to go

One toggle switch is fine as long as it operates in both F&R direction like CC does but on your ezgo I think you are going to have trouble getting this to work in both directions because of the way the F&R micro switch mounting and activation is set up.... you could just bypass the MS all together....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:22 AM   #5
pjmia96
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm trying to come up with a way so I can have one microswitch that operates both forward and reverse not just one way.

I'm gonna go see what I can do with it.

Matt
Old 10-07-2012, 08:32 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

On the ezgo F&R there are 2 micro switches - one is triggered in reverse, that is the reverse micro which as Adam said connects the 1/2 speed reverse wires together which reduces the pot signal. The other MS is the one you are trying to locate. As I said in the PMs that MS is triggered in both F&R, this is where you want your solenoid activation circuit to run thru.
If you have the universal Ezgo F&R you need to remove the jumper wire between the 2 MS.
To summarize; in forward one MS is activated. In reverse 2 MS are activated. Use the MS which is activated in both F&R for your solenoid activation circuit.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #7
pjmia96
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok, I have figured it out. Right now I have one micro switch on the F&R switch. Due to the fact that I only have one Micro switch the cart will only run in reverse and not forward but the reason it does that is when the F&R switch is in reverse it is open/Released because on the F&R switch cam there is a spot where the roller can open fully. When the switch is in forward position the microswitch gets pushed down by the cam so the microswitch closes in forward and it is able to open when in reverse position. What I need to do is cut a piece of plastic out of the F&R cam that will allow the microswitch to fully open up when in the forward position and we will have forward and reverse.

Matt
Old 10-07-2012, 09:50 AM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I'd try moving the working microswitch to the other side, or rotating the cam 180°.

Here's a drawing showing the relative positions of the indentations on the cam and the microswitch lever arms.

Moving the microswitch will work, but I'm not 100% certain about rotating the cam.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F-N-R with microswitches on cam.JPG (60.5 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #9
pjmia96
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You know Johnnie B, I was outside working on the F&R switch and I said to myself I can just move it to the other side. And now it will work both ways.

Thanks,

matt
Old 10-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #10
pjmia96
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Post Re: One Microswitch?

OK, The cart is all set it should work in Forward and Reverse now. Gonna Hook it all up this week into the weekend.

I cant wait for This.

Time to push another 21 Years Outta this thing.

I first drove this thing with my Grandmother when I was 6 in 2002, Now I'm driving this thing with my Grandmother at 16(in 19 Days).

I've been driving this Cart Forever that's why I am so involved in keeping it going. I'm gonna get the Full Life out of this Cart.

Matt

Tags
electirc ez-go, ezgo, marathon, microswitch
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO