lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #11
as350pilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Install HD Switch Cam from Scottyb, no forward now

Well after a lot of testing...... Actually I read Johnnieb's post and tore the whole assembly down. Turns out the A post was not making contact with the cam. I had to replace the contact board, so I got that and all new posts. Everything is going now. There is way less heat now too, which is a great thing. Thank you to everyone for the assistance.
as350pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2013, 10:16 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Just checking back in. Reason I kept asking for a pic of the 4 studs is I thought I was seeing some signs of previous heat, discolored, blackened or cherry colored studs. The housing is a low heat threshold type plastic material. When the studs get hot they soften the housing which allows the stud to sink or lean in the housing and thus compromises the contact. Once this happens a new switch housing is needed.

Generally speaking, the HD switch cam upgrade works in good working F&R 10 years old or newer.
On older carts it is recommended you replace the complete F&R switch. We have complete F&R with the HD switch installed on the website.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #13
as350pilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Scotty,

There was indeed some over heating with it. The 'A' stud, the one I couldn't get a picture of at the time, was over heated and what I suspect to be to the culprit. From now on I am going to suggest, that my friends that have series cart just get the complete assembly with the HD cam instead of just the cam. Most carts they have are 10 - 12 years old, so it would be easiest to just do it all at once.
as350pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:47 AM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by as350pilot View Post
Scotty,

There was indeed some over heating with it. The 'A' stud, the one I couldn't get a picture of at the time, was over heated and what I suspect to be to the culprit. From now on I am going to suggest, that my friends that have series cart just get the complete assembly with the HD cam instead of just the cam. Most carts they have are 10 - 12 years old, so it would be easiest to just do it all at once.
Good advice, I tell everyone who calls the same thing.
If you want to upgrade to a complete F&R just return the switch cam and I will put it in a new complete switch and compensate you for the switch cam cost against the new F&R.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #15
buzzmanc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I agree with both of you. I installed about a year ago a hd cam and had the same issues. Ended up being the old assembly. Scotty was good about hooking me up with a new assembly minus the cam and now I am running strong!

Chris
buzzmanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO