lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2011, 01:08 PM   #1
BAFireman84
Gone Wild

Club Car

Question 2000 TXT anything to look out for?

I'm looking at a 36 volt 2000 EZGO TXT with a speed chip (not sure what he means by this) with a light kit for my hunting/fun family cart. Is there anything I need to watch out for? What is the going price or fair value for one? ??? Thank you.
BAFireman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2011, 01:28 PM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 TXT anything to look out for?

I have a 2000 TXT. I'm the original owner. It has been fine for 11 years and is used heavily but always on pavement. However, it is a series cart. (meaning series wound motor and compatible controller). I believe 2000 was the first year that PDS was available. (meaning sepex motor and compatible controller). I think the PDS models are rare for this model year and not well thought of I believe. You can tell a PDS model because it has the forward/reverse switch on the dash. A series model has a forward/reverse lever by the drivers right knee.
Additionally, the consensus on this forum is that carts with series style electronics are better suited for hunting than PDS. (heat issues at low speed swinging big tires). PDS is fine for later model years but again not the best for hunting.

I suggest being cautious and wait for input from others.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:11 PM   #3
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

The speed chip is a plug put into PDS controllers (it is not compatible with series or DCS) that changes the performance settings, the speed chip gives the car a top speed of about 19 mph, compared to 14 for all terrain and steep hill, and 17 for mild hill. Using a PDS car as a hunting car (Lift kit, 22-23 inch tyres, low speed driving) is living on borrowed time, you will eventually smoke the controller. If you want a hunting car, look for a series car, distinguishable by the F/R by knees, a metal rod in the battery compartment running from the F/R to a black cover in front of the controller, and the lack of a run - tow/maintenance switch on the controller.
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:49 PM   #4
BAFireman84
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thank you for the info Kernal and LGC. I guess after talking to him and the info you both have given me this is a PDS cart. I'm either back to square one or since I want to convert to 48 volt use it until it blows and replace it all anyways with the new switch, controller, and motor. Probably going to be pricey!
Old 09-12-2011, 04:53 PM   #5
BAFireman84
Gone Wild

Club Car

Kernal love the pic of the lab. We are a lab family also.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:09 PM   #6
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Rust? Check the frame and battery tray for rust on a cart that old, even my 08 had a good bit of rust on it.

If it's a great deal that you can't pass up, you could just go ahead and blow it up, since you will be changing controller, motor, and solenoid anyway... Keep reading up on it, I've heard that the early PDS carts had some electrical issues, maybe one of the sponsors can chime in on this.

Is is stock other than the chip? I'd say about 1200-1300 bucks tops depending on batteries....unless you live in central FL, they are much more expensive there, and I have no ideal why. You can get a 2008 PDS with good 08 trojans for under 2K where I live. (you can buy the "chip" from ebay for about 4 bucks, so don't get fooled on that "upgrade")
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:26 PM   #7
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

Quote:
(you can buy the "chip" from ebay for about 4 bucks, so don't get fooled on that "upgrade")
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EZ-GO-FREEDO...item27be28c5c6
you forgot about the $1.85 shipping
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:48 PM   #8
BAFireman84
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hey Scooter we meet again! Thanks for the info. I keep going back and forth. Newer or older? Go ahead and find a 48v or get a 36v? EZGO? Club Car? Yamaha? Oh decisions decisions. The one thing I do know is I don't want a sepex setup and most of the newer models on all brands seem to have them.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:14 PM   #9
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I hear you man, it took me almost 6 months to decide!

Watch that ebay shipping, it will get you every time, unless it's free...
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:15 PM   #10
BAFireman84
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think pending something major being discovered when I go to check it out I will be going with the EZGO even though it is probably a sepex since I will be changing everything over to a 48v series with an ST cowl eventually anyway. I'm using the most reliable shipping service out there. Not UPS or FED EX I'm going with ME PS. Going up to see Dorthy and toto in KS this weekend to look her over and pick it up. I can't wait!!!

Tags
electirc ez-go, hunting buggy, lifted cart, off road cart, txt ez go
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO