lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2018, 09:47 AM   #21
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 92 CC DS gas, convert to lithium electric rebuild thread

I guess it would be safe to say if you are in the BGW Gift Exchange, Busch Light would be perfect....

PS- Looking stealth....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2018, 10:37 AM   #22
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes Nole, that would be true...

For about $17, you get a great dust pan (better than any store bought purpose made dust pan), Masking for paint, grease, oil, etc... Aluminum that you could melt down and make other things with (people do it, I have not). Oh and you get 30 cans of 12 oz. of liquid bread too.

Not a bad deal if you ask me!
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 08:39 PM   #23
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Good save!!
my thoughts exactly!!!
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:23 PM   #24
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

More parts started coming in. The battery was a relief. The seller boxed it up with 1/4" plywood and Styrofoam and plenty of screws. No damage what so ever!

IMG_1504 - Copy.JPG

The lift kit was a complete and total debacle! Nothing was damaged, but it was missing the appropriate shock mount brackets. The kit was supposed to come with 2 different kinds of brackets, so that regardless what style shocks the cart has, it will work. I dare you to guess how many phone calls, emails and shipments it took to finally get the correct brackets...both correct brackets. The site sponsor was ridiculously ignorant to the product and even worse in their customer service. The manufacturer was not any better, they should know their product. I sent pictures of the wrong parts, they should have known the correct parts to send. I don't know what the rules are about a negative review of site sponsors. I will not mention their name here. (For future reference, the lift kit was the only product I purchased from the company. I will give positive reviews to those that are deserving in the future.) The picture below does not include the two brackets that originally came in the kit.

IMG_1517 - Copy.JPG

Well the parts I got from Revolution Golf Cars (site sponsor) arrived. The damage was only the box and not their fault. The box was well packed. Pretty sure UPS might have lost this out the back of their truck...at least once. Didn't take individual pictures of the parts. I got the Alltrax 48500, 400 amp solenoid, Admiral A4 high torque motor, complete wiring harness, FnR switch, rear axle and a few other small items. David is excellent with listening to your needs and putting together a package to fit the needs. Definitely recommend going to him for any of your needs!

IMG_1547 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1548 - Copy.JPG

Then the wheels and tires. They came in and 1 was noticeably bigger than the other three. I double checked, they were all the same manufactured size. The one was just over pressurized. After some correspondence back and forth with ecartparts.com (site sponsor) they ended up sending me an additional wheel and tire. They let me keep the other! Which I will use as a spare, for the inevitable flat in the future. I definitely recommend e cart parts for anything you need. Great customer service!

IMG_1601 - Copy.JPG
Old 10-22-2018, 03:09 PM   #25
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Spriddle and The New Guy handle the sponsorships. You may want to PM both of them and let them know so they are aware.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:27 PM   #26
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

What are the specs on your Leaf battery pack and where did you get them from?
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 07:05 AM   #27
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCW View Post
What are the specs on your Leaf battery pack and where did you get them from?
As far as the specs on my battery pack: It's a 58V 128ah pack. That being said, that would be in brand new status. I have not done testing on the pack to see what degradation has occurred in these batteries. So I really do not have confirmation of what my pack really is...

It was sold to me as being 120ah and 58v. These came out of a 2014 Nissan Leaf with, I believe if memory serves me right, 28,000 miles.

Not sure if you are looking for specs on my pack, or just specs on what these packs are capable of. Been a while since I did my research, so I've forgotten a lot of the specifics. I do not remember the watts, max amp output, etc. I'll have to refresh my memory to get hat information to you. Some of the other guys on here have posted some of this information on other threads.

I bought the pack on ebay from a guy with the handle azlithium. He has done many of these packs of differing sizes and had mostly, if not all positive feedback ratings. I think DaveTM also got his pack from him.
Old 10-23-2018, 09:12 AM   #28
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Now for paint. I decided to use bed liner since I will be using this in the woods.

I went with Raptor liner. To me it seemed the best choice when considering durability, cost, ease of application and so on. It is made more for the DIYer which makes it nice for saving coin! You can spray it or brush/roll it.

They claim the following features and benefits:
Easy to use
Provides UV protection
Waterproof
Protects against rust, corrosion, salt, damp and extreme temperatures
Abrasion and stain resistant
Dries rapidly, is flexible and helps deaden sound and vibrations
Excellent adhesion

I decided to spray it. Almost all of the bed liner "paint jobs" I have seen where they rolled it, you can see the roller marks. The kit I bought came with an appropriate spray gun for bed liner "paints". You do need an air compressor, with appropriate volume. Good ventilation and a respirator are must haves. This stuff does have VOCs until it is fully cured.

I got the black 4 bottle kit with the spray gun on Amazon. Each bottle is 1 liter. They also make tintable bed liner you can match to your paint. There are different size packages you can get. It's a two part system, you simply poor the hardener to a lip in the bottle of the paint, shake and then screw the bottle onto the gun.

I actually ended up using a paint brush on the inside of the body, because I was an idiot and didn't have the gun set right. It only took one bottle to paint the interior of both body panels. I'm actually glad I did screw up with the gun for doing the interior of the body panels. It would have taken more than one bottle to get good coverage if I had sprayed the interior and I am not concerned with the "finish" on the interior.

It took the other three bottles to get good coverage on the exterior of the body. I had done a lot of research before doing this. There are ways to get different textures, but I couldn't get a "finer" texture even with playing with the pressure, gun setting and distance. It ended up being a bit heavier of a texture than I had planned on, but I think it looks good.

From the research I did, adhesion promoter is a must for plastic and/or fiberglass. I used some stuff I got at the local auto parts store.

IMG_1588 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1591 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1594 - Copy.jpg

Now it's starting to look like something!

IMG_1607 - Copy.jpg
Old 10-23-2018, 10:25 AM   #29
ag4ever
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
Been a while since I did my research, so I've forgotten a lot of the specifics. I do not remember the watts, max amp output, etc.
A single Leaf module is rated at 240 amps sustained and 540 amps for short periods.

Since you are running a double module pack, you should be safe for 500 amps +/- sustained and 1,000 amps +/- intermittent.

I doubt you would ever see any currents anywhere near those levels.
ag4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:33 AM   #30
ag4ever
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
Provides UV protection
With a hunting cart, be careful with any paints that have UV protectant or even worse UV brighteners.

They can make a "black" item look like a glowing blue blob to deer and other wildlife.

http://www.bowhunting.net/artman/pub..._printer.shtml

There are many sources of info for this, this was just one I found quickly.

I have a gun sling made from black paracord that looks white when viewed with night vision equipment. You would be shocked at how much stuff starts to glow when you put on a NVG setup. Makes you think twice about what you should wear.
ag4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car