lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2021, 08:02 AM   #11
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Engine Runs without pressing Gas when key is on

Leaving it like it is is different than wiring it to start and idle. This way the starter is just spinning the engine until it starts verses actually idling.
Need to get it corrected for the longevity of the starter and battery not to mention the safety aspect of it.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2021, 08:09 AM   #12
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Beat me to it crash, I can see a flat battery in the not too distant future LOL.

I a currently assisting a member with a Toro workman how to do it properly.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 12:59 PM   #13
Shaner99
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Very helpful guys. I appreciate it. Would one of you be able to point me in the right direction to do this correctly? I did quite a few searches about this but came up blank. Thanks
Shaner99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 04:49 AM   #14
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

I am sorry, I will not condone doing this and will not be advising. I mentioned helping a guy with a Toro, but that machine has a gear selector with a neutral position. These carts do not. If you have the engine running continuously, you risk it taking off without you seated in the cart or some other sort of accident waiting to happen.

I recommend simply replacing the pedal switch if found to be faulty. To test it, make sure the cam is operating the switch properly when pushing the gas pedal and if so pull one of the wires off the switch. If the cart no longer runs with the ignition on, then the switch is faulty.

There are manuals in the tech section for information on doing this.
Old 11-19-2021, 07:10 AM   #15
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaner99 View Post
Very helpful guys. I appreciate it. Would one of you be able to point me in the right direction to do this correctly? I did quite a few searches about this but came up blank. Thanks
I might be misunderstanding, you need help correcting the problem or making it run continuously, I agree with Cartmaster, that cart wasn't designed to start and run like that so I would do the repair properly and enjoy the wheels off of it!!
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 07:33 AM   #16
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

whichever one of us is misunderstanding the request, go to post no 5 that JponKLN wrote, and that gives some detail on how to find the switch. You will have to remove at least one stainless steel rocker trim to lift the mat. In the floor roughly in line with the gas pedal you will find the switch box under a square metal cover (if it is still there ) and a removable plastic lid, that may or may not be fixed with screws.

As a side note, put your ear close to the floor about a foot back from the pedals and with the ignition turned off, slowly push the gas pedal down. You should hear a light click from the switch after about an inch of pedal movement. If no click, then the switch is bad, If you hear the click, you will still have to remove the mat to find out what is wrong. I have had bad switches that click and some that do not.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...42&postcount=5

Tags
charged battery, engine running by itself, key switched on
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO