lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2021, 06:58 PM   #1
TMZ222
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default My CC President first build With SilverWolf AC Motor & Big Battery 48v Lithium & more

New to the golf cart world and the little town “Gibraltar MI” Where I live allows golf carts to run freely so it was time for a build lol
Picked up a 2017 club car president pretty much stuck with the rear seat, added a 6 inch lift some rims and tires14/23” And a Roy Pow 105ah lithium battery and 48 to 12V converter along with a modest light kit with the headlight tail lights brake lights no blinkers but did wire them to work with the front headlight, gives it a fuller look. Then decided to go with the SilverWolf AC motor conversion kit I ended up swapping out the Roy Pow battery to a husky big battery.com 48V lithium adding some spacers to the front and rear wheels to give them an even look 1 1/2 in front 1 inch in the rear, it also gave it a little bit more stability at high speeds. Decided to do a cleanup of all the wiring and tuck everything under the battery box. I made a 2 1/4 inch space underneath to fit all my wires and relocated the 48V converter, now I have room for my two coolers. I also add a Renogy 500A battery monitor and a switch where the old charging port used to be to turn off primary side during charging. Anyways here’s a few pictures thought I would just share them one picture of the old wiring along with almost the finished project. Thanks for all the information I have found hear you guys are something else!!! Thanks Tony
TMZ222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2021, 07:00 PM   #2
TMZ222
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: My CC President first build With SilverWolf AC Motor & Big Battery 48v Lithium &

Few more pics.
Old 07-19-2021, 07:10 PM   #3
TMZ222
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: My CC President first build With SilverWolf AC Motor & Big Battery 48v Lithium &

One more lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 30DC7E99-9E60-42A9-BF2A-956372BB7493.jpg (226.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-19-2021, 07:36 PM   #4
tedstephens
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Sweet precedent that lithium battery is clean as a Safeway chicken really cleans up the battery compartment
tedstephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 08:19 AM   #5
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMZ222 View Post
Few more pics.
Nice clean work. I have done many Leaf pack upgrades on Precedents. Because there is plenty of slack in the main harness, I pull controller and solenoid off the controller plate and move them into the tub for quick access whenever needed. The only thing left on the old plate is the Tow switch and cut a new hole for motor cables.

So, I would have to ugly up my battery tub with that pack as well , but yours is a show piece. Nicely done
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180406_175425935.jpg (249.5 KB, 0 views)
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 07:42 PM   #6
TMZ222
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedstephens View Post
Sweet precedent that lithium battery is clean as a Safeway chicken really cleans up the battery compartment
Thanks!
Old 07-20-2021, 07:43 PM   #7
TMZ222
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
Nice clean work. I have done many Leaf pack upgrades on Precedents. Because there is plenty of slack in the main harness, I pull controller and solenoid off the controller plate and move them into the tub for quick access whenever needed. The only thing left on the old plate is the Tow switch and cut a new hole for motor cables.

So, I would have to ugly up my battery tub with that pack as well , but yours is a show piece. Nicely done
Thanks and that’s a very nice set up also! One of my next goals is also to build my own battery.
Old 07-23-2021, 11:58 AM   #8
dc.901
Getting Wild
Club Car

If you don't mind sharing, which bus bars are you using? There are several options and lots of the cheap ones which I want to stay away from...
dc.901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 12:40 PM   #9
TMZ222
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc.901 View Post
If you don't mind sharing, which bus bars are you using? There are several options and lots of the cheap ones which I want to stay away from...
They seem to be nice.
https://www.batterycablesusa.com/bus...nd-power-posts
Old 07-23-2021, 12:44 PM   #10
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Wow that looks awesome! I work on carts all day every day and have not come across this set-up yet...well done
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car