lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2021, 05:36 PM   #1
Bryans200583
Not Yet Wild

Default 98 ds won’t run with throttle down all the way

I have a 98 ds that I have changed over to IQ with the white controller and bought the wiring harness from revolution. The cart runs, but it seems to be pretty much wide open when I barely hit the pedal and when I push the pedal all the way, it cuts out and doesn’t do anything. I’ve put in another vglide that I know is good and it does the same thing. Could there be an issue with the motor causing this and if so, how can I check it. Thanks a lot for the help. Batteries are fully charged.
Bryans200583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2021, 06:31 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 98 ds won’t run with throttle down all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryans200583 View Post
I have a 98 ds that I have changed over to IQ with the white controller and bought the wiring harness from revolution. The cart runs, but it seems to be pretty much wide open when I barely hit the pedal and when I push the pedal all the way, it cuts out and doesn’t do anything. I’ve put in another vglide that I know is good and it does the same thing. Could there be an issue with the motor causing this and if so, how can I check it. Thanks a lot for the help. Batteries are fully charged.
I believe you need to switch the purple/white wire with the white wire. There are three wires coming off the speed control. You need to switch the ones that are NOT the wiper or terminal 2.

See the following wiring diagram. The wires you need to switch are 1 and 3 on the throttle that go to the controller:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf XCT to Club Car IQ_20210808_0001.pdf (532.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Tom47; 11-26-2021 at 06:41 PM.. Reason: Wrong diagram
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 06:43 PM   #3
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm sorry, I put the wrong diagram for you. The one shown was one I drew for controller hookup info for myself.

Here is the correct one:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DOC110-018-G_DWG-XCT-CLUBCAR-IQ-WIRE-DIA (1).pdf (135.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-26-2021, 06:45 PM   #4
Bryans200583
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. Switched my wires and now she’s running right. Really appreciate the quick response.
Bryans200583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 06:52 PM   #5
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Glad to help!

Tags
club car, throttle
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car