lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2010, 10:17 PM   #1
rankins66
Not Yet Wild

Default Brake Light Timer Control Hook Up

Hello. I recently installed a light kit on a friends cart. Everything works fine. Headlights, tail lights, turn signals. Now I need to hook up a timer control so the brake lights will shut off if the parking brake is set. The micro switch on the pedal is marked 1,2,3. As is the timer control. So thats how I hooked up the wires. 1 to1 and so on. I set the brake and waited about 30 seconds but the brake lights never went out. The timer control didn't come with instructions. This is all new to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
rankins66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2010, 10:32 PM   #2
bhfear
EZ-GO-N

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Brake Light Timer Control Hook Up

What kind of cart and what kind of light kit is this being installed, that will help us figure it out.
bhfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:43 PM   #3
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I've never heard of a kit that keeps the brake on like that? The OEM EZGO kits have a micro in the pedal pad

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:46 PM   #4
rankins66
Not Yet Wild

The cart is a gas EZ-GO. Not sure on the year. The light kit is an aftermarket kit. Not sure on the brand. The timer control was bought seperate. I can find out more info. tomorrow. Wish I could be more help.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:46 PM   #5
bhfear
EZ-GO-N

E-Z-GO

Iv seen a couple homeade ones on some westerns and come precedents, but usally there is just a micro switch/button for the tails, so who knows thats why I was like what kind a cart and harness
Old 03-02-2010, 10:49 PM   #6
bhfear
EZ-GO-N

E-Z-GO

These are always clean ont the txt's rather than have a button coming threw the bottom pad

http://shopezgo.com/products/Brake-P...roduct_id=1679
Old 03-03-2010, 07:31 PM   #7
rankins66
Not Yet Wild

Hello again. The timer control is made by Stretron. It has 3 connections on it. #2 is marked (+) and number 3 is marked (-). Nothing on number 1. The turn signal kit, which includes a wire to hook up the brake lights, is made by Chris Products. The brake lights are hooked up and work fine. I just need to know how to hook up the timer control so they shut off when the parking brake is set. Not sure who makes the aftermarket micro switch I mounted under the brake pedal. It is designed so when you push the brake pedal the micro switch releases to allow the brake lights to come on. It is also marked 1,2, and 3. One would think you would connect 1 to 1, 2 to 2, and 3 to 3. But this doesn't work. I waited over 2 minutes and the brake lights never went out. I'm waiting to hear back from the person that sold us the timer control. Unless someone here knows how to hook it up. Thanks again.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:51 PM   #8
rankins66
Not Yet Wild

I looked up Stentens Golf Cart Accessories website that sells the timer control. #1 goes to the turn signal switch or brake lights. #2 goes to switch and 12V power source (spring switch or micro switch). #3 to ground or battery. I'm still a little lost about #1 and #2. Thanks.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:50 AM   #9
alarep5
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Why not just run your lights circuit through your ignition or on/off switch?
That's what I did.
alarep5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO