lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2008, 10:17 AM   #11
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: Need for speed from a Bobcat

I feel sure someone in the Club Car section would know. If you can get us a pic of it, I'm sure we can figure it out.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2008, 10:40 PM   #12
Club bobcat
Not Yet Wild

I hope so cus from the news on the forum seems NONONOEZGO has gone MIA on all forums.
Club bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:39 PM   #13
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Club bobcat View Post
I hope so cus from the news on the forum seems NONONOEZGO has gone MIA on all forums.
Very, Very old news. So Old I had to look up who he was. Don't worry, there are far more people out there who are more qualified to help than he wASS.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:37 PM   #14
Club bobcat
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Need speed from a Bobcat 2200S

Looks like my goal may not be possible after checking it out today, and reading the owner's manual a bit more. Seems the speed is regulated by the gearing of the tranny. There isn't a governor lever on the transmission, just the gear select. The only governor on this vehicle is the engine governor that controls the throttle with feedback from the pto rpm. Tightening the spring that loads it will only raise rpm, but not roadspeed. The reason I believe that fact is because the roadspeed senseing gearing the manual sayes is built into the tranmission restricts speed while coasting downhill too! The engine does rev higher, but the cart will not exceed the 25 mph limit. I guess the only way to change this is with some sort of gear swap.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:42 PM   #15
roady89
nimda
Club Car

If there is an electronic sensor detecting vehicle speed a gear swap will not have any effect. If you change gears the speed limit is still there no matter what. I'm just saying, I have no idea if it has this type of system.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:07 PM   #16
Club bobcat
Not Yet Wild

I did see a sensor practicly on the bottom of the transmission, and briefly considered the possibility it might be a VR type speed sensor. But it could also be the reverse switche ( more likely). It would make things easier if it was a speed sensor because a VR pickup signal can be effected by altering the air gap.

Tags
bobcat 2200s, carryall 295 se
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car