lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2012, 09:31 AM   #101
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
*mutters "Hyundai" under his breath, walks away shaking head*
Thats funny!

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
1fast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2012, 10:16 AM   #102
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: OLD BLUE,85 marathon re-construction

sure makes a nicer lookin cart than the old 2 stroke,,woud be easy nto weld the swing arm onto the hyundai

sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:19 AM   #103
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

the floor is straight and solid,no rust to really mention,,love the look of them lifted that i see on here with nice wheels and big tires too..guess i need to decide..the frame just looks almost new compared to old blue..i should be able to get 12-1500 where i live,,maybe
Old 10-22-2012, 04:33 PM   #104
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

well,ive got someone gonna look at this cart today,and may trade of for another marathon 2 stroke with no rust and good everything im told..it has the longer sloped nose w/out plastic like 1fast67 iirc what yr was the all metal sloped nose carts?
if not,this thing rides so nice i may cut it up,and while working on it for a big block i will still have the beater to run around in and tinker on..addictions
Old 10-22-2012, 06:57 PM   #105
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Another cart like mine?

Old 10-22-2012, 07:14 PM   #106
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

just like it,,i guess its a no go tho..im seriously considering lifting this hyundai and keep using it electric till it dies,then big block it..i dont understand there bad rap..lots of dash storage and a dash i can make diamond plate doors for,the body is solid for plastic..you can sit on the rear fenders and they dont budge as the frame is under there for the fenders..rides like a dream too.
so,,i will be looking into raising the hole front suspention as is,,maybe.
thinking a g whatever 7 inch lift will work also
Old 10-22-2012, 07:53 PM   #107
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It actually looks really clean and has a rear seat to boot. A 24 horse v-twin in that would be something nobody would expect.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #108
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i was thinkin the same,,the body style dont look bad to me
trying to find all the info i can on lifting it myself and what coil overs to use..prob go with like 8 inch lift at the least,trim rear fender wells maybe,and fit 27,s is what id like to do
guess i should strat another thread,but it will be a long drawn out thread for sure..income tax may be the big block mulla to play with
Old 10-23-2012, 07:51 PM   #109
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

In all seriousness, first, the elec and gas rear ends are different, so double the investment before you start. THEN - realize you could have sold the Hyundai as-is and made enough to buy a nice TXT which has BOLT-ON big-block stuff all over the place, cheaper lift kits that are already engineered correctly, etc ....

I was only half kidding with the crack I made, I have a friend who got himself sideways in a Hyundai cart and it ended up being, well - a Hyundai cart. It's your money, but for resale and ease/cost issues, I'd tear my heart away from it FAST, just my two cents.

Whatever You decide though, I'm sure it'll be a fun project - hey, it's a CART, right?
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:36 AM   #110
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

when you say txt is that textron exgo you mean,,like a 94 and up? i had a new ezgo before,my first cart ,had a stock 4 stroke that seemed to get 90mpg as it never needed gas..i lifted it 6 inches with 22 inch tires and have missed it ever since..
so,your saying i may as well maybe turn both carts and maybe a few other things and get me a newer ezgo 4 stroke,with reverse,and that cart has all the big block add ons and the rear end will still work??
hey,,i dont mind being kicked in the butt when need be..i hate wasteing mulla

i was gonna lift the hyundai and leave it electric for a good hile ,,while i collected parts..need to decide i guess..hmm
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO