lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2012, 12:45 AM   #111
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: OLD BLUE,85 marathon re-construction

Just to reiterate, Amigo - LOSE the Hyundai, for sanity and financial return's sake. Just my two cents, your mileage may vary.

TXT is anything post-Marathon up to about 2004-6 ... The midyear carts are cheap (gassers up here go about $800-1k if you get into a fleet buyout, $1200-1500 used on the street) and are the perfect platform to make a few bucks, as the clean crazy ones still actually draw that $22-2300 crowd regularly)

Stick w Blue, If you want my opinion - a running cart is worth $1k if it looks and runs right no matter WHAT year it is. See if it's REALLY a toy you'll use enough to justify a larger investment in money, time, etc and go from there. If you get it together for the right investment timewise and save a few bucks,you can use them to build something that fits what you'll really USE and keep. The "sparky Hyundai" I will still look at as a cart that snuck up on You with "Blinders" ..... Just a friendly opinion :)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-24-2012, 12:58 AM   #112
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks brew i no what i want,,i want the first 2000 model i think ezgo i built before,i will not sell or trade the next one either.
old blue gets driven w/out shocks lol,,i no,im bad,but its a fun cart..only easy as i dont wanna break it..it rides better lifted than before imo!
just got some diamond plate to cover the bottom edges of rust and other areas and will be painting it ,,maybe this week..sometimes we all need a push

and i thank ya for it,,the hyundai i dont feel i have enough in it to matter,if it dont sell for a grand its worth keeping for my mom inlaw to use..

old blue is back on like donkey kong,haha"duck dynasty" they crack me up,,the 55mph speed limit just a suug jestain,haha ,si
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:26 PM   #113
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

old blue is gettin some shoes took your advice,thanks,,sold the hyundai in the first 30 min of the add i ran,,guy drove 2 hrs to get it..pofited 400 bucks
ordered the shocks from rockauto for 74 bucks shipped
ordered the wheels from rockytopcarts as they always treated me right.
2-11-10 blk steelies with sahara classics,center chrome center caps and lugs for 395 bucks shippedgreat price imo.
also ordered some hercule 6 spoke chrome caps incase i feel a lil classy sometime,haha

should have wheels fri
Old 10-24-2012, 08:13 PM   #114
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

wow,wheels shipped already,,i ordered from rock top cart,but my e mail reciept says buggies unlimited? i tryed to avoid them and then it ends up there the same i suppose..and the warehouse is 100 mi or less away from me in fl..small world..
Old 10-24-2012, 10:45 PM   #115
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassycat View Post
wow,wheels shipped already,,i ordered from rock top cart,but my e mail reciept says buggies unlimited? i tryed to avoid them and then it ends up there the same i suppose..and the warehouse is 100 mi or less away from me in fl..small world..
Buggies unlimited owns them along with jakes,everything carts and who knows what else.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
1fast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:04 AM   #116
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

well i guss thats how to make sure you get the sales..i didnt like the prices else where and searched for hrs to find that "right" price i thought..
see what i get for thinking
Old 10-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #117
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

glad i checked the rear end today,,didnt have but a few teaspoons in it
it loks to have had a tiny leak forever so thats prob why,,filled it with vavoline regular 80.90 i think,,gear oil,,gotta be better than nothing but not sure what its supposed to have as of now..
also was lookin at the motor mounts and they look good except they have no rivets at all in them,,jeez..guess they use alum rivets maybe?
i have about every rivet known to man so i feel steel one should go back in,,sound right
Old 10-25-2012, 03:18 PM   #118
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thats what i used on my motor mounts which by the way all 4 are shot already and i put thwm in last december so im putting 1/4-20's back in with lock washers and crimp nuts.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
1fast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:14 PM   #119
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

good idea,,looking at mine,it looks like the darn motor just sits there and i could lift if off except for the rivets holdin them in..
the mm plate is so thin that it shouldnt even exist imo..like less than a 1/16th thick and flimsy..even my new mounts..
so the hole motor mount frame just sits there basically? i could litterally pick it right up with new mounts and bend the crap out of the new mounts if i wanted to,even after being riveted..they need a thicker plate in them mounts imo
Old 10-26-2012, 03:53 PM   #120
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

new motor mounts installed,,boy they were shot much worse than i thought..
wheels and tires on and as we all no,,totally changed the cart and look sweet to boot..will try to get pics tomorrow..
maybe the first of the week when we get a 40 degree cold spell i will prep it and get ready for paint afterwards..

hope none of you guys live up east where the sghtf next week! if so please get a lil prepared as when your not is when you will need it most..hope everyone gets out of it ok with minimal damage..i wish it were coming here myself,,i frickin love stormy weather,always have..but dont want anyone gettin hurt form sure

oh yeah,does the front spindles have bushings or ? need to fix the front as it has a lil wear,and dont wanna waste my tires faster than normal?
nd the motor mounts were the easyest mounts ive ever done..and i thought chevys were easy have a good weekend fella,s
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO