lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2015, 08:34 PM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2010 Precedent Slow, Fast a Second, Then Slow

Do You remember if the reverse buzzer was sounding when You were flipping the FNR switch and the cart was not moving?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2015, 08:41 PM   #12
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Do You remember if the reverse buzzer was sounding when You were flipping the FNR switch and the cart was not moving?
It does sound when the switch is flipped. It wasn't a few times, but each time it didn't was also when it wouldn't move at all and I was having issues getting it into gear. After I disassembled and reassembled the switch it seems to work every time as it should.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:51 PM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If the buzzer kept sounding when was not working it would have narrow down the problem to the MCOR resistance track since the speed sensor does not prevent the cart from running.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:57 PM   #14
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Sounded like a simple disassembly was all that was in order for the switch
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:01 PM   #15
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

I see. Hopefully the switch cleaning fixed the intermittent not moving issue, but time will tell.

To clarify my answer from before (because I didn't read your question well enough) When the switch was flipped and the cart did not move, I got no reverse buzzer. When the reverse buzzer worked, the cart moved. It has taken to working all the time now.

Do you have any thoughts on why the speed sometimes spikes and then goes back to "limp mode?" Only other bad speed sensor I ever dealt with (on a DS IQ) made the speed slow all the time.

And Nick, I cleaned some dirt out from under the rocker (Seriously, how do golfers get these things so FILTHY???) during the disassembly and that seems to let the switch do its job now.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:03 PM   #16
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
I see. Hopefully the switch cleaning fixed the intermittent not moving issue, but time will tell.

To clarify my answer from before (because I didn't read your question well enough) When the switch was flipped and the cart did not move, I got no reverse buzzer. When the reverse buzzer worked, the cart moved. It has taken to working all the time now.

Do you have any thoughts on why the speed sometimes spikes and then goes back to "limp mode?" Only other bad speed sensor I ever dealt with (on a DS IQ) made the speed slow all the time.

And Nick, I cleaned some dirt out from under the rocker (Seriously, how do golfers get these thing so FILTHY???) during the disassembly and that seems to let the switch do its job now.

When a speed sensor goes out, it's usually an all the time slowness. That's why I initially thought it was an MCOR issue
Old 03-26-2015, 09:07 PM   #17
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post

When a speed sensor goes out, it's usually an all the time slowness/ That's why I initially thought it was an MCOR issue
That's what I was thinking. It could be a compound issue, but the speed sensor will be what I do first since it fails the test and is cheapest. Then, if problems still persist, an MCOR 2 to MCOR 4 kit will be in order.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:15 PM   #18
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
That's what I was thinking. It could be a compound issue, but the speed sensor will be what I do first since it fails the test and is cheapest. Then, if problems still persist, an MCOR 2 to MCOR 4 kit will be in order.
Sounds like you have a good plan of attack
Old 03-30-2015, 02:34 PM   #19
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

New speed sensor came with a magnet and the hardware. Good thing, cause you were right Nick, the magnet WAS cracked. I didn't see it until I was getting ready to put the new sensor only on and took a good close look at what I thought was a seam in the magnet. Magnet wasn't the only issue though, as I tried replacing just it first and that was a no-go. New magnet and sensor did the trick though, cart runs really well now.

Also, still haven't gotten the cart to duplicate the issues with not moving when put into gear, so I'm gonna say the switch cleaning was a success.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:36 PM   #20
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
New speed sensor came with a magnet and the hardware. Good thing, cause you were right Nick, the magnet WAS cracked. I didn't see it until I was getting ready to put the new sensor only on and took a good close look at what I thought was a seam in the magnet. Magnet wasn't the only issue though, as I tried replacing just it first and that was a no-go. New magnet and sensor did the trick though, cart runs really well now.

Also, still haven't gotten the cart to duplicate the issues with not moving when put into gear, so I'm gonna say the switch cleaning was a success.

On both sides of the coin! Good job
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car