lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2015, 03:28 PM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Some Assembly Required

I dont have any heatsinks available. I have had really good luck drilling & removing broken bolts in the heatsink with a "easy-out" type tool. Use heat & non flammable lube.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2015, 08:09 PM   #12
MattFX4
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudHog View Post
Is EZGO the king of pop rivets? Prepping the frame for paint and I must have punched out a dozen or two of rivets. Got some bolts that appear to have been cut that I'm working on to get them out. They are in the second crossmember and not cooperating.

Does anybody have a controller heat sink available? This one had broken bolts in it that I will have to drill out and go with bigger bolts.
I am building an 03 txt and my heat sink was in bad shape also. All 4 bolts snapped when trying to remove from frame. I just drilled two new holes in the heat sink and bolted to frame tray through new holes. Two bolts is plenty enough to hold it in place securely.
MattFX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 09:59 PM   #13
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Cool project for a great price!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 07:46 AM   #14
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

I got one bolt drilled out and then started on another one when a part of the foot broke. Think I will do the same and just drill a couple new holes. This will be temporary for me just to check operation of everything once the cart is back together.

Topside of frame and most of the bottom has been painted with a first coat.

MudHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 03:33 PM   #15
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

MudHog.....I had the same issue with my heat sink when I rebuilt my cart....and had no access to any used parts around my next of the woods. So I9 bought a brand new one straight from EZ-GO, it is only $33. here's a link directly to it.

https://shop.ezgo.com/products/Heat-Sink.html
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 09:20 PM   #16
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

Minor progress, got a couple more bolts drilled out. Found my taps, so I'll start tapping the holes as I go now.

I started to inventory everything. I'm missing a seat bracket, f/r switch assembly, and either the upper or lower floorpan. I have one floorpan, just haven't had a chance to identify it. CTD hooked me up with a f/r assembly so I will have that to start with.

EZGO has the seat bracket for $63 and I'm able to add enough stuff to the order to get free shipping. I checked prices on things like spring bushings and EZGO was a good it cheaper than ebay or other websites, so I'll order from EZGO. There are four air shocks that came with it, but I'm not certain how these were installed or if they were even installed, so I'll be looking for a set of shocks.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:27 PM   #17
crash test dummy

suggestion: pre wire lights and stuff before installing body
Old 09-23-2015, 10:10 PM   #18
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

CTD, great suggestion!

Figured out I do in fact have both floorpans, so I'm good there.

Question: Those who have drilled the rivets out to remove the body, did you all go back with rivets or go back with bolts and nuts? I can see where I'll use some rivets on the floorpans and possibly the rear inner fenderwells, but wondering if I should do away with rivets on the body parts?
Old 09-24-2015, 12:13 PM   #19
yellow36vpds
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

My cart had the body off when I got it. I went back with most of the rivets from the stock kit. The only ones I didn't put back in were the ones you needed a "special" rivet gun for.
yellow36vpds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 01:25 PM   #20
MattFX4
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudHog View Post
CTD, great suggestion!

Figured out I do in fact have both floorpans, so I'm good there.

Question: Those who have drilled the rivets out to remove the body, did you all go back with rivets or go back with bolts and nuts? I can see where I'll use some rivets on the floorpans and possibly the rear inner fenderwells, but wondering if I should do away with rivets on the body parts?
I don't think it matters. I used rivets to install my floor pans, but small screws and washers and bolts to install the dash to the firewall floor pan. I guess it's just personal preference as far as looks. The rivets look a little cleaner, but if it is in an area you can't see then what does that matter?
MattFX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO