lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2015, 03:16 PM   #21
crash test dummy

Default Re: Some Assembly Required

i went with the rivets also .. the kit includes the ezgo name plate nuts

check out my 97 ezgo build
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...old-build.html
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2015, 03:48 PM   #22
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

Thanks guys. I was planning rivets on the floorpans, but might just stick with rivets. I got plenty rivets in the shop already so I won't have to buy any. Which rivets require a special tool,
MudHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 03:54 PM   #23
crash test dummy

the 1/4" bigens ...

1/4" rivets at the bottom of the body, just use the standard ones made for the dash. They work fine. As for the others, if I remember... 7 sm black across the dash, 2 sm blk behind the nameplate, dont forget the dust cover, 2 silver lrg flange for lower part of front cowl, 4 blk lrg flange for skirts, 4 slvr lrg flange for hinges, 5 sml silver lower body at floor, 1 silver at top center front of body.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:59 PM   #24
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
Crash, you gotta tell me when you go off and start build threads in areas I don't frequent!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 08:29 PM   #25
crash test dummy

not an ezgo guy but it was a steal and made $1300 ... got 3 in the works 01 ds gas (my show cart), 85 36v ds, 48v ds 02
Old 09-24-2015, 08:37 PM   #26
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Nice flip!
Old 09-27-2015, 08:21 PM   #27
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

Weekend progress: all threaded holes in frame have been drilled and tapped. Whomever disassembled the cart cut some of the bolts with a torch. The four holes for the ITS had to be drilled and tapped. There are two 1/4" bolt holes on the rear facing side of the middle crossmember up against the frame rails. My drill doesn't get good alignment to drill so I will play these out once I get the seat frame piece. Worst case is I drill new holes and use a nut on the backside.

Got the ITS pulled apart and cleaned it up. Then I painted the ITS bracket. Will install Tuesday afternoon.

I need to order my parts before any major progress comes.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:54 AM   #28
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Old 09-29-2015, 08:06 PM   #29
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

Did some touch up painting from where I grinded the bolts for drilling out tonight. Also got the upper and lower floorpans cleaned up and washed. Will paint the lower floorpan later this week or weekend. I got the front spring to clean up and noticed one had more arc than the other. Is this normal? The only numbers I can read on them is on the band that wraps around the spring pack and both have 099 on them. Length wise, they are the same as one another.

Old 09-29-2015, 09:12 PM   #30
MattFX4
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudHog View Post
Did some touch up painting from where I grinded the bolts for drilling out tonight. Also got the upper and lower floorpans cleaned up and washed. Will paint the lower floorpan later this week or weekend. I got the front spring to clean up and noticed one had more arc than the other. Is this normal? The only numbers I can read on them is on the band that wraps around the spring pack and both have 099 on them. Length wise, they are the same as one another.

No, I replaced all the leaf springs on my txt build and the two new ones I installed were exactly the same. I'm pretty sure one of yours is bent.
MattFX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO