lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2016, 12:35 PM   #1
fixright
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 97 Ezgo Gas TXT no Power

So,,, here's my issue..

97 ezgo txt Gas Robin engine model eh35c has no power.. It had been sitting for several years.. The cart will move but never gets over 5 miles per hour. And,,, that's a struggle.

Things done,,

Cleaned gas tank, fresh gas, new fuel pump, fuel filter, new carburetor, spark plugs, air filter, oil change and drive belt. Removed muffler to check and see if exhaust was clogged, check compression both cylinders over 120..

The throttle linkage appears to be correct. Carburetor butterfly opens completely when pedal is pressed to the floor. When on a jack it seems to running wide open..

I do not know how to check drive or clutch drive. Nor the rear end.. Any other suggestions.
fixright is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2016, 01:11 PM   #2
OGREJAY
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 97 Ezgo Gas TXT no Power

My '99 was doing the exact same thing and I replaced almost everything you did. I noticed my gas tank seemed to be sucking in so I removed the gas cap and it ran 100 times better. Turns out the vent in my vented cap was stuck and wasn't allowing the fuel pump to work properly. Just an idea and an easy check.
OGREJAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:48 PM   #3
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 97 Ezgo Gas TXT no Power

Check that the valve clearance is .004". Lots of threads on how to do that.

Seafoam, Seafoam, Seafoam. Sitting for 5 years means things are stuck, and goobered up. Run a heavy dose of Seafoam.

In another direction, it may not be your engine at all.

Check for rusted up brakes.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO