lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2016, 10:12 PM   #1
hingebird
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default New to the Forum. Need help with 2001 EZGO TXT Cart

Hello,

I am new to the forum and need of your help to get my new to me golf cart run properly. I purchased a 2001 EZGO TXT Golf cart with 1872 hours on the clock. It needs TLC as it looks like the previous owner enjoyed it quite a bit. The cart runs and drives but it runs rich and it has the following issues:
1. Lazy start. However, starts right away when placed in reverse. Also, it starts being in forward gear when engine is warm
2. Runs rich
3. After the engine is warm and it is shutoff it continues to run for 3-5 seconds (knocks and oings)

Here's what I have done so far:
1. Installed new battery and terminals (the old battery leaked and ate and corroded the terminals.
2. Cleaned and repainted the battery compartment
3. Changed engine oil and transaxle oil
4. Replaced fuel filter, air filter, transmission belt, spark plugs (gapped the plugs to specs)
5. Adjusted generator belt tension
6. Cleaned the engine compartment and transaxle
7. Corrected and rewired some hacked circuits for safety
8. Replaced gas and added Seafoam in hopes to clean the carburetor and engine

I was planning to replace spark wires, rebuild carburator, rebuild/replace fuel pump, replace timing belt, and adjust the valve gaps (still I have to figure it out how to do the last two)

Any advice from you it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Conrad

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
hingebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2016, 10:36 AM   #2
redneckga1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New to the Forum. Need help with 2001 EZGO TXT Cart

i would clean carb and adjust valve lash. check fuel pump by removing out line going to carb and turn engine over. if fuel squirts out pump is good. timing belts usually dont cause a problem
redneckga1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 01:24 PM   #3
Sean5545
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New to the Forum. Need help with 2001 EZGO TXT Cart

Yep start by cleaning the carb....full disassemble, soak in solvent (or sea foam like I do) small copper wire in passages, nylon brush, compressed air
Sean5545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO